What's new

Siv's Top 10 Synthetic Brushes (Summer 2009)

I don't have the TOBS synthetic, but I can certainly vouch for Siv's #2 choice - the EJ synthetics. The Chatsworth is my daily brush and I also have the Diffusion model. I have no problem making ample lather with these brushes, plus they feel and look great.

R

Ragzy

I just wanted to say great job!

I have not been able to find a good review of synthetic brushes anywhere else. This list will be very helpful to me!

Siv, Great write .I just put a Golden Nib in a vintage handle and it is GREAT.
It is much better than the BB Bursh.Try one they are a great value.
Cheers ,Rocket

I think it's time for an update. I have a Parker Synthetic, a few Golden nib brushes and another "vegan" brush from eBay.

Siv, any guess as to when you'll posted your updated recommendations? I'm in the market for a synthetic brush, but I may hold off for your update. Thank you.

Just wanted to chime in with my thanks for your reviews.
Based largely upon what you said I had a custom brush put together (I don't see why us synthetic users shouldn't get gloriously luxurious brushes like the badger botherers!)
Don McIvor made me a wonderful handle and mounted a TOBS knot in there for me - the result is rather glorious!

proxy.php

Delighted to say it performs as good as it looks!

Just wanted to chime in with my thanks for your reviews.
Based largely upon what you said I had a custom brush put together (I don't see why us synthetic users shouldn't get gloriously luxurious brushes like the badger botherers!)
Don McIvor made me a wonderful handle and mounted a TOBS knot in there for me - the result is rather glorious!

proxy.php

Delighted to say it performs as good as it looks!
Very nice looking brush there. The handle is fantastic!

Siv, any guess as to when you'll posted your updated recommendations? I'm in the market for a synthetic brush, but I may hold off for your update. Thank you.

My wife is going to Dallas to see Bon Jovi this weekend so once the kids are asleep, I'll get a chance to play!

Here's a teaser:

Last edited:
well i have the jack black pure performance brush and love it.also i have the body shop brush and its nice. i also just received this yesterday -http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/om40gomebato.html. and would really like to pickup the parker brush.

I have ordered myself the Jack Black Pure Performance brush as well and am already eyeing now a second synthetic brush, but from Omega. If both of them are as good as people say, then bye-bye to my Badger brushes..

I have an Omega synthetic but I'm really curious as to whether the Jack Black or the EJ synth brushes are good at face lathering. I face-lather exclusively now, and while I'm interested in synthetic brushes I don't want to go back to the bowl.

Top Bottom