What's new

Sitting Here Waiting for the IRS

Been on hold with IRS for 45 minutes straight now. Their office in Ogden, UT. I know that Trump cut their funding and their manpower, but this is getting aggravating. Rather always looked at IRS as the "money-making" branch of government. Not going to make much at this rate!

I was on hold with the NJ Div. of Taxation for over an hour. Finally, gave up. They have a fancy website with a "contact me" link. However, it doesn't work.

Is it anything that you can take care of directly by creating an account (if you don't have one already) and pulling something up through there? If you need to talk to someone there, its probably a tough time of year to try to reach someone since the filing deadline just hit...

They picked up the phone after 48 minutes, then was put on hold while they looked up my file. Then another idiot (unknown caller) called me and caused the line to drop! Now I am starting from zero again!

Waited another 33 minutes when a recording told me that my call cannot be completed at this time. Guess I will cool it for awhile.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
In my experience this is nothing new, I had a similar situation with IRS about 12 years ago...

Been on hold with IRS for 45 minutes straight now. Their office in Ogden, UT. I know that Trump cut their funding and their manpower, but this is getting aggravating. Rather always looked at IRS as the "money-making" branch of government. Not going to make much at this rate!

Had to report damage to a phone line for the company. Was first put on hold for an hour before I hung up to call other numbers I needed to for the damage. Second attempt, was on the line an hour and a half. Part of the aggravation was that particular phone company didn't seem to grasp that someone not connected to a specific account would report damage, and getting them to grasp it was something right out of a Monty Python sketch.

According to my accountant, the IRS has been a disaster long before Trump. 5 years ago the IRS delayed my refund, stating that "their review" had found an error and I was entitled to an extra $500+ refund. I contacted my accountant, in his 60's at the time and, had done my returns for years, who told me that the IRS was wrong and I would never get that extra money. He told me that the IRS at that time was the worst he had seen in his professional career. So months went by with multiple IRS contacts telling me my refund was being processed in another week or 10 days. Finally, 6 months after filing my return, and choking on my pride, I wrote a letter to my congressman (gag) detailing my contacts with IRS. That only shows how desperate I was having to resort to asking that wastrel for help. Surprisingly, within a week I got a call from a woman on his office staff, telling me that she (not the congressman, of course) had contacted the IRS for a response. A few days later she called back saying that the IRS resolved the error and I should expect a check, for the original amount, within 10 days. The check came as promised and I haven't had a problem with the IRS since.

Top Bottom