What's new

[SITE UPGRADE] New Review System

As promised, our long awaited review system is now functional.

The review system can be accessed here, or by clicking on the Reviews tab in the navigation menu at the upper right hand corner of every page.

Feel free to add your rating to any of the reviews currently in place, or to add your own review. If creating your own review, it's important that you have at least one picture of the product being reviewed.

Please keep all discussion about any particular product in the discussion forums, and only post reviews of products you've personally used in the review system.

We hope you enjoy, and find the new review system a useful tool.

-Nick

To all B&B'ers,

If you haven't yet checked out the review system, what are you waiting for? This is possibly one of the coolest thing things I have seen. Besides having a nice standard method in place for rating products, we will now also have a veritable library in which to conduct research on specific products or product types.

Excellent work, men.

Kyle said:
To all B&B'ers,

If you haven't yet checked out the review system, what are you waiting for? This is possibly one of the coolest thing things I have seen. Besides having a nice standard method in place for rating products, we will now also have a veritable library in which to conduct research on specific products or product types.

Excellent work, men.

Thanks Kyle!

I am trying to move most of my reviews over as I type, and I have been holding off on reviewing a bunch of stuff until this thing was live... now that it is - time for me to giddy up!

Hope you enjoy - and don't be shy, add some reviews and opinions!

The review system looks really promising. Nice work guys! Somebody help me out here with just one quick question. When reviewing soaps/creams, how do we define the category efficacy? I've always understood efficacy to mean "effectiveness" or "ability" -- but it seems a bit unspecific in this case. How we are using it to review the soaps/creams: "effectiveness" or "ability" to shave closely, comfortably, effectively, smoothly, the ease at which the blade glides across the skin (lubrication)? A little clarification is in order. Other than that, looks great!

Kyle said:
To all B&B'ers,

Excellent work, men.

Glad you like Kyle! That also raises a really good point. The review system can easily be modified to create a directory for product testing for vendors that want to test their products before releasing to the public.

-Nick

reginald-van-gleason said:
The review system looks really promising. Nice work guys! Somebody help me out here with just one quick question. When reviewing soaps/creams, how do we define the category efficacy? I've always understood efficacy to mean "effectiveness" or "ability" -- but it seems a bit unspecific in this case. How we are using it to review the soaps/creams: "effectiveness" or "ability" to shave closely, comfortably, effectively, smoothly, the ease at which the blade glides across the skin (lubrication)? A little clarification is in order. Other than that, looks great!

Efficacy is not so much "effectiveness" as it is the capacity or power to produce a desired effect. Basically efficacy is the overall effectiveness of all "effect" based variables to deliver the intended result. Since there are SO many variables "slickness, ability to cut close, lack of irriatation" etc - efficacy just makes it cut and dry "Works X of of 10".

Sound ok?

Top Bottom