What's new

Sir Walter Raleigh Regular and a cup of coffee.

I don't know about all burleys, I'm a fan of the SWR Aromatic blend with my morning coffee. I go with something heavier with the evening coffee...

I happen to thoroughly enjoy Solani Aged Burley Flake with a cup of joe... especially if it's Peet's Major Dickason's Blend, prepared either via French Press or Aeropress.

Last edited:
I'm not a coffee fan, but I've been told by friends that sample my 'baccy that Two Brothers English Chocolate is fantastic with a cup-o-joe.

Reviving this thread: Yes, Sir Walter is great with coffee. I pour my cup, usually coffee-with-chicory or a strong dark roast, and let it cool as I smoke. Now and then I'll take a sip of the coffee. Years ago I disliked drinking coffee with, or right after, my pipes; but it might have been that I was not into burley much, and more into the Tinder Box aromatics.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Do all burleys go good with cup of coffee?

I have been smoking Sir Walter Raleigh this week with a cup of coffee. Man that taste good .

Andy
Absolutely. Especially the codger blends for me. Very complimentary - mild burley and strong coffee.

When I wake up in the morning on weekends. I look forward to a nice cup(s) of coffee and a good bowl(s) of Carter Hall. Sometimes I'll go with Prince Albert for my 2nd cup. But Carter Hall is my favorite, so far.

Have tried SWR with coffee and it pairs well too.

Like @Benzadmiral I prefer chicory coffee, (Cafe Du Monde) or a nice French roast.

I have some Sir Walter Aromatic coming; it should be instructive to see how it goes with coffee.

KSblazer, when I lived in Denver '97-'01, it was possible to find chicory coffee in some grocery stores. Usually it was French Market Blend. It cost $5 for a 13-oz. can, but I preferred it. People there called it "cowboy coffee." I brought some to work one time, thinking I'd treat the people in my office. An hour later I heard somebody asking the receptionist, "Is there something wrong with the coffee maker?"

I gave up after that.

I have some Sir Walter Aromatic coming; it should be instructive to see how it goes with coffee.

KSblazer, when I lived in Denver '97-'01, it was possible to find chicory coffee in some grocery stores. Usually it was French Market Blend. It cost $5 for a 13-oz. can, but I preferred it. People there called it "cowboy coffee." I brought some to work one time, thinking I'd treat the people in my office. An hour later I heard somebody asking the receptionist, "Is there something wrong with the coffee maker?"

I gave up after that.

The last can of chicory coffee I finished off was was French market blend. I liked it. I would probably recommend it as a first introduction to chicory coffee. It's a little mellower than Cafe day Monde. But very smooth tasting. I'd buy it again. But maybe it's because I'm so used to Drinking Cafe Due Monde with vanilla cream. (I guess that's how it's usually served down in New Orleans) And acquired a taste for it. It's my preferred choice.

I'm sure there are other brands out there. But those are the only 2 I've tried so far.

Went to make a pot this morning and forgot I took my Cafe Due Monde to work. When my French market ran out. So I had to smoke my CH without any coffee. Still tasted good, but I missed my coffee to pair with it.

Paid $6 for a can of Cafe Due Monde at the International market. Asian markets are where I've had the best luck finding it there. Didn't know this until I worked with a guy from Thailand. But Cafe Due Monde is popular over in SE asia. If you go go a Vietnamese restaurant and get their Vietnamese iced coffee. They usually serve Cafe Du Monde.

1618083381473428581420337165730.jpg

Last edited:
The last can of chicory coffee I finished off was was French market blend. I liked it. I would probably recommend it as a first introduction to chicory coffee. It's a little mellower than Cafe day Monde. But very smooth tasting. I'd buy it again. But maybe it's because I'm so used to Drinking Cafe Due Monde with vanilla cream. (I guess that's how it's usually served down in New Orleans) And acquired a taste for it. It's my preferred choice.

I'm sure there are other brands out there. But those are the only 2 I've tried so far.

Went to make a pot this morning and forgot I took my Cafe Due Monde to work. When my French market ran out. So I had to smoke my CH without any coffee. Still tasted good, but I missed my coffee to pair with it.

Paid $6 for a can of Cafe Due Monde at the International market. Asian markets are where I've had the best luck finding it there. Didn't know this until I worked with a guy from Thailand. But Cafe Due Monde is popular over in SE asia. If you go go a Vietnamese restaurant and get their Vietnamese iced coffee. They usually serve Cafe Du Monde.
Well, see, I grew up only 3-4 blocks from there. I remember the area when it was for locals primarily, and when the French Market really was an open-air food market, not the swarming overpriced theme park of "Quarterland" it is now. I'm more than fed up with most things around here, but the coffee at least endures.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Coffee goes well with a mix of Half & Half plus Granger, too. It's a shame I never tried burley concoctions before.

It’s great that you are enjoying them now. Better late than never.

Hot morning coffee and a good codger blend are one of the classic simple pleasures.

I'm on a limited caffeine diet. So a good burley will definitely help make the freeze dried instant decaf go down so much better. Those weekends mornings when I get to have a cup of real coffee and a pipe, that's usually a golden hour for me.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I'm on a limited caffeine diet. So a good burley will definitely help make the freeze dried instant decaf go down so much better. Those weekends mornings when I get to have a cup of real coffee and a pipe, that's usually a golden hour for me.

Nescafe with the green plastic lid. I think we have a jar of that stowed away somewhere for the Coffapocalypse.

Can't stand it. I'll die of thirst first. You're more a man than I as far as that is concerned.

Top Bottom