What's new

sir irisch moos replacement.

Phoenix told me they were willing to take back the soap had I not used it. I was shocked to hear that in these days of COVID. I didn't think any vendor was taking back toiletries of any kind that can be opened. I'm sorry now that I didn't ask them if I could do that but it does amaze me that they would take back opened, albeit unused, merchandise and resell it.
They may not resell it, it could just be to make sure you don't end up with a dud soap (which probably happens from time to time).

I have a fairly unused stick of Irisch Moos that I love. I bought the Sir Fougere from CBL having read this thread. It smells like dial soap with a hint of Irish Spring and only remotely has the scent of Irisch Moos. Not my intention to be harsh, it's just my experience of the scent of the soap. The soap itself is fine.
It could have just been from a weak batch because I know that Most CBL soaps are really good both scent wise and performance wise.

I bought a case of this stuff just before it was discontinued (lived in Germany at the time), and I can say it is not a weak smell at all. ****, all of them still smell the same as the day I bought them... If only I didn't have a beard currently...

I bought a case of this stuff just before it was discontinued (lived in Germany at the time), and I can say it is not a weak smell at all. ****, all of them still smell the same as the day I bought them... If only I didn't have a beard currently...
Well, if you would let one of the pucks go while you're in the beard phase - please PM me ;)

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Well, if you would let one of the pucks go while you're in the beard phase - please PM me ;)
They're not pucks. At the end of production Irisch Moos was only a stick.

Decades ago ... ah, there were pucks. Click for larger image.

1608152052984.png

edit: credit pic from @Oberloser I think

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BTTT

Taking the PAA Doppelganger Tricolor CV-6 clone of SIR Irisch Moos for a spin in the morning.

Smells great, have high hopes!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
OK. Never used a PAA product before, but gotta say:

The CK-6 base is amazing, easily in top 10% of soaps I've tried. Brush and bowl were too wet and the lather self corrected - wound up perfect 👌.

Can't say if it's authentic Irisch Moos scent, but it does have a faint Irish Spring thing going on, which I bet the SIR version did too.

Ok. Great soap.

AA

BTTT

Taking the PAA Doppelganger Tricolor CV-6 clone of SIR Irisch Moos for a spin in the morning.

Smells great, have high hopes!

AA
So now that you have had time to use PAA Tricolor several times, what are your feelings about the scent? Did you get the matching AS and what are your thoughts on it as well?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So now that you have had time to use PAA Tricolor several times, what are your feelings about the scent? Did you get the matching AS and what are your thoughts on it as well?

This is a spectacular performer, clearly one of the best I have - and I have an embarassing amount of soaps.

Unsure if it actually matches SIR IM, I never smelled it! Trusting the PAA people.

Did not by the AS. I do match it with classic Pitralon, Alpa Fougere, etc.

AA

This is a spectacular performer, clearly one of the best I have - and I have an embarassing amount of soaps.

Unsure if it actually matches SIR IM, I never smelled it! Trusting the PAA people.

Did not by the AS. I do match it with classic Pitralon, Alpa Fougere, etc.

AA
I just ordered a bunch of AS samples from PAA including Tricolor. I also ordered the F Bomb CK-6 soap and aftershave combo. ( you save $5 ordering them as a combo). I am kind of taking a leap of faith on the F Bomb but I am thinking my wife will like it. F Bomb is supposed to be an homage to Tom Fords Fabulous. I have never smelled it but wife likes fancy scents. I have never smelled Sir Irisch Moos but I did see that you can buy the cologne on Amazon. Might have to give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Good to know.
Could you give some details?
I bought it on a bit of a whim.
Ed

Sure. I never did try the SIR Irisch Moos, but it's got a great reputation ... perhaps even legendary. :clover: :eek2:

This PAA clone is their super-good CK-6 base - one of the very best soaps I've tried. (Though their regular koukum butter base is almost as good).

The scent: It's a clean, soapy, perhaps fougere scent (to me) - a bit like Brut or vintage Paco Rabanne meets Irish Springs bar soap.

That's my take, anyway.

AA

Sure. I never did try the SIR Irisch Moos, but it's got a great reputation ... perhaps even legendary. :clover: :eek2:

This PAA clone is their super-good CK-6 base - one of the very best soaps I've tried. (Though their regular koukum butter base is almost as good).

The scent: It's a clean, soapy, perhaps fougere scent (to me) - a bit like Brut or vintage Paco Rabanne meets Irish Springs bar soap.

That's my take, anyway.

AA

Thank you.
I've been curious about it for a while.
I'm really looking forward to the CK-6 base.

Top Bottom