What's new

Sipping Tequila

Not an afficienado, but Ive always enjoyed the Cazedores varieties for sipping. Especially the Extra Anejo. Might not fit into wedding gift territory, but well under your price point.

Cabo Wabo Anejo is my favorite so far. It is also the limit of what I'll spend on liquor ($45-50 here). Even the Blanco is good, VERY smooth, and only $30-35, but I prefer the barrel aged flavors more!

Most of the time I get Hornitos Reposado. $25/750mL at a small liquor store in my town. I drink it neat, its pretty good considering the price! 1800 was VERY harsh to me, and the only Patron I enjoy is the XO Cafe in winter months. Yum! Patron is way over-priced for the quality....except the XO Cafe, which is reasonably priced.

I’ll add Tres Agaves Añejo, as it is my wife’s preferred tequila after sampling the Qi, TA Añejo, and TA Reposado. The TA Añejo is really smooth and can be enjoyed and appreciated neat. It had a slight hint of vanilla/caramel in the taste.
The TA Reposado brings a little more spice to the table. Roll the dice on the TA Añejo and you won’t likely be disappointed. FWIW, the margarita mix is pretty amazing too.

Have you tried Mezcal, is gentler with the stomach and smoother on the throat
I tried Mezcal once. It was long long time ago in Juárez at Senior Frog. Still remember the taste. Like a juice of a cheap summer sausage ran through a blender.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This stuff is pretty good.

D64096D9-A476-488B-AED1-86324C37805A.jpeg

A friend purchased a bottle of Milagro Tequila Select Barrel Reserve Silver for me. It's my new favorite sipping tequila. Milagro is my recommendation.

I've had several bottles of Milagro Silver and thought it was awesome but quickly lost the taste for it, don't know why. I never had the select barrel but would like to try it. How readily available is it?

You made a fine choice, Sir. That is a fine tequila. Don't let my profile fool you. I live in Nashville for past three years but I'm from Los Angeles and married to a beautiful Mexican Girl I like to think I know a thing or two about tequila. With that being said, I don't need everyone to challenge me. I'm not one of those snobby teguila party guys that think they know everything about tequila. I'm just a guy married into Mexican and learned what good tequila is and is not. THATS ALL I'M SAYING

You made a fine choice, Sir. That is a fine tequila. Don't let my profile fool you. I live in Nashville for past three years but I'm from Los Angeles and married to a beautiful Mexican Girl I like to think I know a thing or two about tequila. With that being said, I don't need everyone to challenge me. I'm not one of those snobby teguila party guys that think they know everything about tequila. I'm just a guy married into Mexican and learned what good tequila is and is not. THATS ALL I'M SAYING

Tequila was not a drink I liked very much - until I moved to Arizona. My neighbor across the street was born in Mexico. We socialize frequently and he introduced me to fine Tequilas. My first experience was with Herradura Ultra followed by Don Julio 1949. I was hooked!

Have you tried Mezcal, is gentler with the stomach and smoother on the throat

Mezcal to me is by far more interesting than tequila. The flavor profiles vary so much depending on the agave used it’s really like exploring a whole new class of liquor with each different bottle. I’d highly, highly reccomend that anyone who likes scotch and tequila try some good mezcals. I’ve been very high on them for a number of years now. The problem is finding them outside of the southwest can be a challenge. Up here in new england, it’s a seasonal quest to track down new brands to try. I may start having liquor stores order them directly for me. But again, to anyone who hasn’t tried mezcal i highly, highly reccommend it.

Just like the title says, I wanna hear about sipping tequilas you gentlemen like. My buddies wedding is coming up and I want to surprise him with some good stuff.

I’d like to keep it $100 and under if I can.

He likes Don Julio and Patron. I know there’s better tequila out there so help me out!
Don Julio is good. Gran Cenenario Anejo is considered top shelf in Mexico by Mexicans. It is not so popular in the US so the label will not impress but the taste will.

Top Bottom