What's new

Single Ring Surprise.

I got this lot in today, you may have remembered it from the bay:

proxy.php

I, and others, thought that was a single ring in the lot.... it wasn't.

I unpacked the box, and out came this MONSTER!!!

(Pictured next to my single ring).
proxy.php

Big Boy? I thought from the original picture, that this was tarnished silver, but this puppy is JET BLACK. (With barely a hint of gold underneath.)

Even looks silver when it's apart.
proxy.php

Any ideas on how to clean it? Might there still be ANY gold underneath there? Was it really silver? I don't even know what that black stuff is.

Perhaps the plating wore out on the handle and someone painted over it?

(I've actually been toying with the idea of powder coating my pure brass Old Type.)

That's one dirty girl!! Are you sure it's Gold? Perhaps it's brass?
I would say a that some scrubbing bubbles and Maas is in order for sure.
Not sure on the make.. someone here will inform you.
Take pictures after she's all cleaned up!

Black is good. It's silver. Shiny black is even better. Remember my single ring? It was shiny black before I cleaned it. Before:
attachment.php

And after:
attachment.php

All I used on it is Nev-R-Dull and an old t-shirt after soaking and removing old soap and crud with a soft toothbrush.

Black is good. It's silver. Shiny black is even better. Remember my single ring? It was shiny black before I cleaned it.

All I used on it is Nev-R-Dull and an old t-shirt after soaking and removing old soap and crud with a soft toothbrush.

You must of worked pretty hard for that. I got a silver old type from black to, well, not-black. But it's not shiny like that.

I thought all big boys were gold plated.

And.... I don't think this is silver tarnish. There is not that hint of shiny grey that comes with the black silver tarnish. This is like a flat black.

I thought all big boys were gold plated.

And.... I don't think this is silver tarnish. There is not that hint of shiny grey that comes with the black silver tarnish. This is like a flat black.

there are silver big fellows (I have one) -

I think you should try the Maas - I bet you'll be surprised at what's underneath!

Top Bottom