What's new

Single ring shave

IMG_5477.JPG
IMG_5478.JPG
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!close! Clean!!

I've been looking at the single rings an wondering how they compare shave wise with lets say a NEW Deluxe Big Boy that I got not to long ago that gives me a great shave.

That's a good question since I'm in the opposite boat as you.

Well I had the pleasure of using a NEW Deluxe that one of the members sent me to try out and I fell in love with it after a couple of strokes. So began the search for one which lasted many months. Then I stumbled on a almost NIB one across the pond and I was almost in disbelief but it was on it's way to me and I came across a nice user grade one in the UK so now I had 2 all within like 3 days. I would say shave wise comparing it to the very best in my den which includes both Modern and Vintage razors it's very compatible to my Charcoal Goods using the Level 2 baseplate in efficiency and shave experience. In fact that was one of the inspirations Brian used when designing his line of razor heads. I will add it is a little less efficient than when I put the Level 3 OC baseplate on the Charcoal and a just a touch little less than my Timeless . 95 OC but very much on par with my #34 Aristocrat OC. Hope that gives you somewhat of an idea of what the NEW Deluxe is like. I can get a solid BBS shave in 2 1/2 passes with it every time. I'm trying to figure out if the Single ring is near to the NEW in efficiency. In fact at this point the NEW DBB is the standard that I judge any modern or vintage razor by when looking at adding a new razor to the den. I'm getting fussy in my old age LOL

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom