What's new

Single Ring Question

I just received a very tarnished razor that I believe to be a Gillette single ring.

proxy.php

After polishing it up, I found it has no Gillette logo, although its handle is marked "PAT. NOV. 15 ' 04" and the inner barrel is stamped "B566962".

proxy.php

proxy.php

My question is, "Did the early single rings have no markings indicating Gillette as the maker?" I've read some posts that say all Gillette razors have the Gillette name on them somewhere. Thanks!

-Clarke

I just received a very tarnished razor that I believe to be a Gillette single ring.

After polishing it up, I found it has no Gillette logo, although its handle is marked "PAT. NOV. 15 ' 04" and the inner barrel is stamped "B566962".

proxy.php

My question is, "Did the early single rings have no markings indicating Gillette as the maker?" I've read some posts that say all Gillette razors have the Gillette name on them somewhere. Thanks!

-Clarke

Yours is a nice one from 1910. Not all have the Gillette Logo, but with this Patent informations it is a Gillette.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Cleaned up well! You have a great looking razor!

This is mine Single Ring ,

M590326 Pat Nov 15:04
Handles like brass but very light weight . i bought its very bad condition and i cleaned it . Now it seems like This and i want to share with you also because i dont want to open one thread one more. specially thanks who open this thread..
Regards.

Top Bottom