What's new

Single Pass BBS?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Not quite but very close, at least 80% by going ATG on the first and only pass with a bit of touch up on my neck. I don't intend to make this my daily drill but it is good to know I can get a very good shave with a straight razor in a hurry. The biggest problem was that the shave was over too quickly. Also, it was perfectly comfortable.

Nice mate, never even thought of doing that. Im sure I could get away with it without any nicks but not sure how I would go with irritation if I went ATG straight up. Glad you came out unscathered lol

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
With the safety razors and the SR I've found I need many passes to get a good shave. I have no idea how many. I usually lather at least three times but the blade touches each area of my skin many times.

I admire your accomplishment and aspire to the same.

Thanks for reporting on the possibilities.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That said, I do ATG on the corners and neck. Not going ATG on chin and below the nose. Not necessarily on my cheeks as each subsequent pass accomplishes it’s desired effect.

I've never tried a single ATG shave with a straight. Never thought to even try. May have to give it a shot.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I don’t have a tough or dense beard so I don’t know how it would work for those that do. Would be interested to find out. But make no mistake, I prefer two passes.

The way I was taught : single pass, one handed, XTG. A skilful shaver should be able to achieve a perfect shave like this. In reality, as I have got older, lazier and more hirsute, but more importantly as I tried different razors, I've switched to a much more enjoyable and leisurely ambidextrous two pass shave.

It takes a lot of effort and skill to achieve a BBS on a single pass, and it's a testament to your mastery, @steveclarkus.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
The way I was taught : single pass, one handed, XTG. A skilful shaver should be able to achieve a perfect shave like this. In reality, as I have got older, lazier and more hirsute, but more importantly as I tried different razors, I've switched to a much more enjoyable and leisurely ambidextrous two pass shave.

It takes a lot of effort and skill to achieve a BBS on a single pass, and it's a testament to your mastery, @steveclarkus.
I have to give a lot of credit to @Slash McCoy and a Method edge along with a beard that isn’t too fussy.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I had to look up all of those abbreviations. It is like you are speaking in code.

proxy.php

It's just the usual typical organizational acronym stew. Things that are said all the time are shortened to make things easier.

Early on I found it mystifying and had to look up a million things. I still occasionally run across an acronym I have to look up. The ones that give me the most trouble are acronyns I think of as outside even this group's norm and almost idiosyncratic. Even though they might strike me as acronym neologisms usually Mr. Google disagrees.

It gets better but YMMV.

Happy shaves,

Jim

proxy.php

It's just the usual typical organizational acronym stew. Things that are said all the time are shortened to make things easier.

Early on I found it mystifying and had to look up a million things. I still occasionally run across an acronym I have to look up. The ones that give me the most trouble are acronyns I think of as outside even this group's norm and almost idiosyncratic. Even though they might strike me as acronym neologisms usually Mr. Google disagrees.

It gets better but YMMV.

Happy shaves,

Jim
ROTFLMAO probably the funniest one the fist time it was used on something I said.

Hey at least I took the initiative and likedl it up rather than asking but yes, I do have to look up a lot of things. I'm pretty new to wet shaving and DE razors.

Top Bottom