What's new

Single Origin Espresso

Hi

I have been roasting my own green coffee beans for a while now and would to try out a good single origin espresso. Will appreciate any input from you coffee lovers out there.

Tom at www.sweetmarias.com has great coffee reviews, and Tom knows his stuff. No other affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

I roast for drip, but my brother roasts for his espresso. He likes the South American stuff a lot.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The best coffee I ever bought was from Ristretto Roasters, owned by DJ of this site. The best coffee I was ever given was from Scotto, also of this site. I may have even received better coffee from sphughes (again, of this site) but I lack the ability to properly roast it.

The recurring theme is: listen to the guys on this site.

Another vote for Sweetmarias. In five years of roasting/brewing, I've never been disappointed in their beans.

I normally prefer SO for my coffee. Have found SO for espresso a little more difficult on a lever machine. For some reason a blend seems to work better.

Thanks for the replies. I have ordered from Sweet Marias and like what everyone else says, their service is first class and they have really good beans. I've found great service and beans with coffee bean corral as well. It's just that I've been trying out different coffees and have yet to find a particular one that I would like to stick to (perhaps I'll never find one..) I drink espresso and will like to know everyone's favourite SO espresso...:biggrin1:

Are you looking for a place to buy beans for SO espresso, or recommendations of what to roast/drink as SO? You already got some good advice on Sweet Marias. As for specific beans, it can be really hit or miss on what works as espresso, which is why blends are so popular. The espresso extraction process can really amplify imperfect notes in a bean, so you have to try a lot of stuff to get something magical.

Personally, I think your best bet is something from Ethiopia or Yemen, which can produce some very unusual and excellent SO espresso. They are very fruity and complex when made correctly. Espresso made from Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley ranks among some of the best SO espressos I have made.

I have also had some great SOs from dry processed Brazils like Poco Fundo.

Try a bunch and let us know what you like!

Top Bottom