What's new

Single edge woes

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I modified a MMOC.

View attachment 939868
I don't find it to be better though. No safety for a shave that's not any closer. It will deliver a long lasting BBS shave, but so will the MMOC, MMCP or other razors that I have.
Thanks for that photo, it's a bit daring to try IMO and like you mentioned it worked but was no better than a normal MMOC so not much inspiration to attempt.

I used Gem razors for awhile and really liked them. Even the aggressive ones like the ER-1914. Then after a couple of months I started getting bad irritation in a couple spots on my neck. I just gave up on Gem razors. The blades are not as sharp as other SE blades like the Schick Proline or DE blades.

I used Gem razors for awhile and really liked them. Even the aggressive ones like the ER-1914. Then after a couple of months I started getting bad irritation in a couple spots on my neck. I just gave up on Gem razors. The blades are not as sharp as other SE blades like the Schick Proline or DE blades.
Did you use the coated blades?

Did you use the coated blades?

Yes I did. I did not get irritation every shave but about half of them. It was just 2 spots on my neck. It would be so red I thought it would bleed but it never did.
I suspect the beard in those 2 spots grew in a different direction. So on my first pass I may have been shaving against the grain in those 2 spots.

According to my derma., facial skin varies in integrity and no two are alike. They also change as you age. My face will be 70 yrs old in 4 mos. been shaving regularly since I was 17. Probably not the mileage but the wear and tear on it. You can’t fight heredity either. Ingrown hairs and irritation are not the only concerns. Cancers and other growths come into play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom