What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Today for my Sunday shave I decided to try out my recently acquired Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3) and I really enjoy this Schick injector for it's build quality and gives one of the nicest shaves because you can adjust it to your level of comfort & closeness.

Razor : Schick Adjustable injector M3 - Mfg 1970-72
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (3)
Soap : Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brushwash the face with CeraVe hand soap + Dab of Aloe Vera gel on beard area only.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated not much for irritation + no weepers= :biggrin1:
Sunday shave october10-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I should almost start calling it Schick Sunday for myself, I like my Schick, GEM ..... razors and they usually deliver a nice shave when technique is good with a sharp blade. Schick made a lot of interesting (L type)theme razors also and I really enjoy that part of their history of injector razors.

Razor : Schick Canadian E2 injector- MFG 1930's
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (4)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaki Cashmere knot 24 mm
Pre shave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + dab Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Dickinson's witch hazel
Post shave : Nivea balm + Fine fresh Vetiver AS with witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation + 2 tiny blemish weepers= :001_smile
Sunday shave Oct 20-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Sunday shave and I like the Schick experience on this day if possible, Still enjoying my Schick M3 adjustable razor I recently purchased, one of these days it will get a Twin II blade to test out that others rave about in this particular razor.

Razor : Schick injector adjustable Model 3- MFG 1970-72
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (4)
Soap: Italian barber Amici
Brush: Yaki tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard afterwards.
Post shave: Dickinson's witch hazel
Post shave: Amici As with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation + 1 weeper= :001_smile
Sunday shave Oct 27-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Sunday shave and I like to use a Schick injector if possible, todays Schick is another L type promotional called the "Championship" because Schick was a sponsor for the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

Razor : Schick injector L type theme razor "Championship"- MFG 1976 for Montreal Olympics
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (2)
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24mm+
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Dickinson's witch Hazel
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + Nivea Balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :biggrin1:

Suday shave Nov 3 2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

Sunday shave Nov 10-2019 and it will be with a Ender's speed razor that has been out of production for some time.
This one has been revived from storage from decades of not getting the proprietary blades that were designed to use in this razor only. The razor is using a Schick pro line B-20 blade with a modified Enders blade carrier acting as blade retainer in tandem. For 1930's> this razor has space age design, is a well thought out razor and it can shave well with a modern sharp edge and the handle is a joy to use.

Razor: Enders Speed model - MFG1930's >
Blade: Schick proline B-20 with a Enders blade support carrier.
Soap : TOBS Sandal wood
Brush : Razorock Noir 400
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A Dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel to beard area.
Post shave : Dickinson's witch Hazel
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood aftershave + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS +aftershave indicated minor irritation + 1 weeper= :biggrin1:
Sunday shave Nov 10-2019 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

This Sunday as usual will be with my Schick Razor : Schick Adjustable injector M3 with a twin blade from Japan.
This one razor has put all the others on the back shelf.

Ron R

This Sunday as usual will be with my Schick Razor : Schick Adjustable injector M3 with a twin blade from Japan.
This one razor has put all the others on the back shelf.
The Schick Twin II blade is a amazing, I have one in my Stick Schick L type injector on I think 24-25 shaves and it is still producing nice shaves. Not sure how it would work on a 3 or 4 day growth but for a daily shaver it works great. See you for the Sunday shave.
Have some great shaves!

I have gone a week before and no problems but thats using an adjustable one. I usually ditch a blade after 40 or so shaves. Not that I need to but thats about three months of shaves for me and it's easier to remember when to change them.

Ron R

Sunday shave Nov 17-2019, It is going to be with a fairly new acquired J1 Schick injector with NOS platinum blades, the razor is a nice milder razor that will give a DFS.

Razor : Schick injector J1 type- MFG 1957-64
Blade : Schick platinum injector NOS (2)
Soap : Tabac
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave:Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap+ a dollop of Aloe Vera gel
Post shave : Dickinson's witch hazel
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :biggrin1:

Sunday shave- Nov 17-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: L'Occitane Cedrat balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20191116_143148.jpg

Ron R

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: L'Occitane Cedrat balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

View attachment 1035812
I always like the look of the D razors and it was a easy way of cleaning the inside of the razor every once in a while.

Top Bottom