What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It's Sunday once again and I took out another favorite GEM, my 1912 model(MFG in 1920's according to Waits razor book). This razor is a excellent tool that most should have in anyone's razor rotation IMO.
Razor: Brass GEM 1912 model
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (5)
Soap: Razorock Lavender
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 model
Pre-shave: Wet the face + Aloe Vera Gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash + Nivea balm
Results: CCS.DFS,BBS=:thumbup:
Sunday shave July 21-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Schick E3 injector / Schick (14)

The question now is do I keep going or start with something new tomorrow? The blade seems to have plenty of life left in it, but variety is nice too!

It's Sunday once again and I took out another favorite GEM, my 1912 model(MFG in 1920's according to Waits razor book). This razor is a excellent tool that most should have in anyone's razor rotation IMO.
Razor: Brass GEM 1912 model
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (5)
Soap: Razorock Lavender
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 model
Pre-shave: Wet the face + Aloe Vera Gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash + Nivea balm
Results: CCS.DFS,BBS=:thumbup:
View attachment 1000844
Have some great shaves!

I also went with a 1912 today. Great shave with 7 days growth I very nearly could have gotten away with a single pass with a bit of touch up. I used the schick on my cheeks to define my beard line.

20190721_080121.jpg

Ron R

I also went with a 1912 today. Great shave with 7 days growth I very nearly could have gotten away with a single pass with a bit of touch up. I used the schick on my cheeks to define my beard line.

View attachment 1000983
I can see why they were able to make millions of the 1912 models because generations of shavers new what a nice razor it is. This razor should be in any ones razor rotation IMO because it's that good.

I can see why they were able to make millions of the 1912 models because generations of shavers new what a nice razor it is. This razor should be in any ones razor rotation IMO because it's that good.

I like the brass one you have and the chain link handle. Although I do really like the little case mine came in.

Ron R

I like the brass one you have and the chain link handle. Although I do really like the little case mine came in.
The case was just a Red cardboard case and the razor was never used from what I concluded. It is one of the best razors if technique is dialed in.

Ron R

Traditional Sunday shave with a single edge is my preference and it ended with a stellar shave with my vintage Gem Damaskeene OC.
Razor : Gem Damaskeene OC 1912-15 MFG
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (6)
Soap : Italian barber Amici
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave: Shower + Aloe vera gel
Post shave : Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Italian barber Amici splash:001_wub: + Nivea balm + witch hazel
Results= CCS,DFS,BBS:a17::001_smile
Suday shave July 28-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Focus R48 / PolSilver S I
Brickell Shave Oil

Traditional Close and Comfortable Shave with Touch Up Water Pass.

Schick E3 injector / Schick (21)

I didn't bin this blade last week and have no reason to do so this week. It doesn't seem to have lost any efficiency in the last week. Very comfortable, near BBS shaves in two passes. I think I'll keep it going for a while!

Ron R

Always looking forward to my Sunday shave and was reading some information on the Everready 1924 Shovelhead and people's thoughts about it were varied like the usual and I found my ER shovel head a nice mid range on the milder side razor and gave a decent shave. Very forgiving and enjoyable with a small sweetspot for angle of approach.(great shave)
Razor: Eveready 1924 Shovelhead razor(handle is from a streamline strop )
Blade: GEM Personna SS PTFE (1)
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Omega boar brush(my only boar)
Preshave: wet the face and apply a warm face cloth for 40 seconds X2 + Aloe vera gel
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Emperor + witch hazel + a small amount of Nivea balm
Result : CCS,DFS,BBS = :a8::biggrin1:
Sunday shave Aug4-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

General / Feather Pro
Omega SC (lanolin iteration) _ hand lathered
Nivea Deep Comfort ASL

Close and Comfortable Shave

Razor: Gem G-Bar
Blade: Gem PTFE
Brush: Omega 10049
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: witch hazel and aloe vera gel

Schick E3 injector / Schick (28)

I'm going to call it quits on this blade. It could go on for a few more shaves but experience says that they won't be as pleasant. Its starting to tug a bit in any case. Four weeks is a good run, but these are good blades.

This shave was Pretty self explanatory except the schick is the I55 I have been having problems with i tried a diff blade and got a pretty good shave with a single pass. I finally tried this CBL soap today and liked it alot, i can still smell its lingering scent....And the brush, the handle was given to me by a friend on Wed. Cleaned up stained and clear coated and put a kabuki knot in it. Used it for first time today.
20190804_173517.jpg

Top Bottom