What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Tonight I used my Frankenjector: A Type G head duct-taped to an aluminum Soluna handle (Soviet-era Czech brand)
Blade: Schick (5)
:glare: Don't laugh, it worked.

A few weeks ago I started to follow the micromatic Monday thread, even though I don't have a mm (I have a 1912). The Artist club style blades is a completely different experience (I have two of them). Is there a thread for seeing others experience with the AC style blades? I thought this would be it when I saw it, but it appears to be mostly gem razors. I see the se sotd (I have no idea what these letters mean. 'sword of the day'?) thread also but it also appears to be mostly gem razors.

I have been using my Gem 1912 all month, but this is the first time I have taken part in single edge Sunday (not that impressive since there was only one other). I only have the one SE (OK, so I have an autostrop that I don't have the blades for which doesn't really help)

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Double duty - for MicroMatic Monday I used a single-edged GEM MMOC .. do I get two points?

IMG_9264.JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like to use a Schick on the Sunday shave for some reason, it's a great system I guess with no sudden surprises.
Razor: Schick stick
Blade: S chick
Brush: Razorock plissoft
Soap : Taylor of old bond street Sandal wood
Preshave: wet the face and use a warm wet face cloth for 40 seconds X 2
Preshave: Aloe Vera Gel
Post shave:proraso red Sandal wood + witch hazel
Post shave: Nivea balm
Sunday shave April 21-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I received an Ever Ready 1912 this week and shaved with it for the first time today, and first time posting on Single Edge Sunday. Apprehensive at first but at the same excited to get the first one under my belt.
It bit twice but I survived. Enjoyed the close shave, and won’t be the last for sure.

Ron R

I received an Ever Ready 1912 this week and shaved with it for the first time today, and first time posting on Single Edge Sunday. Apprehensive at first but at the same excited to get the first one under my belt.
It bit twice but I survived. Enjoyed the close shave, and won’t be the last for sure.
Lots of times you do not get manuals or Technique instructions on these used razors, hope this helps!
It usually takes about 2 to 3 shaves before you figure the best technique for you with these razors.
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg
Have some great shaves!

Gem Jr. And Eveready shovelhead.
Hot towel and Noxzema
Gem PTFE 6th use.
Stirling bay rum on horse hair.
Witch hazel splash and Proraso white cream aftershave.
CCS and enjoyable.

20190421_183234.jpg

Lots of times you do not get manuals or Technique instructions on these used razors, hope this helps!
It usually takes about 2 to 3 shaves before you figure the best technique for you with these razors.
View attachment 974388 View attachment 974389
Have some great shaves!
Thank you, this will help. The first bite was technique, second was second pass and getting cocky. Can we say cocky on this forum

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Ron R

Old favorites I just love to return to for excellent results.
Razor: Schick E2 1930's pat
Blade : Schick (10)
Soap: What the buck blue barber
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Preshave: wet the face + warm wet face cloth for 40 sec X 2 + Aloe vera gel
Post shave: Razorock XXX + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Sunday shave April 28-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Gem Junior /6 and the blade ran out of steam after one pass, so finished with another razor.
Duke Cannon Superior Shave cream ( will lather, but bubbly and dissipates, but super residual slickness. Enough for subsequent passes if wetting. IMO, the Duke Cannon is best used simply wetting the face and smearing a bit all over)
Duke Cannon Balm - Good stuff.

Prep - Noxzema, Hot towel*, Lather, Hot towel*
Razor - Gem 1912 / PAL Carbon(7)
Soap - Jack Black Shave Lather
Brush - Graydog 10098
Post - Alum, Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel, DIY Pre-shave oil, Sea Breeze, Hot Towel*, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Passes - Gem XTG, ATG
Result - BBS

Have a happy shave!
* Scented with Oxidane

Ron R

Great Sunday shave this morning!
Razor: Stick Schick 1965-80's
Blade: Schick II or twin(folks claim these have great longevity)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Razorock Noir 400
Pre-shave:Wet the face + warm wet face cloth for 40 sec X 2 +Aloe vera gel
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Emperor + witch hazel & Nivea balm
May 5-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Always like to change things up for a Sunday shave.
Razor: Star Bar lather catcher 1911>?
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (3)
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Preshave:Shower and Aloe vera gel
Postshave: Proraso red Sandalwood + Nivea balm
Sunday shave May-12-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom