What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday
Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (7)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20221030_114221~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11991694

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, November 6th 2022

Razor : Schick E2 Canadian variant, Mfg 1930's, mid range, this razor is well constructed, built to last with some care, very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (10) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable. Tossed at 10 shaves seems to work for myself.
Soap : Razorock American barber, strong barber shop scent 6-7/10 with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" 24 mm bleached boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristles , great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:thumbup: Great shave with my Schick E2 with a Personna coated blade.
Blade was tossed because it was feeling slightly dull, hit 10 shaves average and binned.

SOTD November 6 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick (19)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza
Balm: AOS Bergamot & Corriander

I had to double check that I’ve gotten 19 shaves from this blade. It’s not as sharp as it was, of course. The shave was smooth and the DFS result is acceptable for today.

D057A7BC-8F10-4748-8CA4-7476EB4C80F1.jpeg

Razor: Le Touring EP Paris, Lather Catcher
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20221105_080807.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday
20221106_121103~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie X1 Slant (TiBam Antique Ti Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (9)
Brush: @AP Shave Co Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: None - Face Lathered
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute EdT Spray

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12001270

Ron R

Sunday Schick Shave, November 13th, 2022, experimenting with a DE blade, Subie shaves double stack blade hack.

Razor : Schick injector E2 type, Canadian variant- MFG in the 1930's- 40's, Mid range, light weight 1OZ, well built to last with some care, one of my favorite injectors & a joy to use.
Blade : Personna red DE (4) sharp & smooth with great longevity, experimenting with a double stack blade modified to fit the E2 injector. It can be done with reasonble success if a person is willing to take effort and care needed to not get cut. I use 2 small strips of electric tape & then place the blade on the sticky part + then fold the edges of tape over the cutting edges and trim away. The blade will curve slightly from the scissor cutting and then stack the blades together and place in the injector with care. Not sure it is worth the effort but I do enjoy challenges. This is much better & safer than using 1 half blade because it is to flexible but with 2 blade half's you are getting very close to the thickness of a injector blade. The shave was close and comfortable and do-able but not sure it is worth the risk of cutting yourself. Take care if attempting!
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", nice unique bright sharp cleanish scent with excellent lather qualities. This soap is very addictive with matching aftershave splash IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger (3band) excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock"The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Subie double stack DE blade hack.

SOTD November 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Leaf Twig SE
Blade: Shark SS Saloon (2)
Soap: Williams
Bowl: Moen
Brush: Proraso/Omega Boar
AS: Clubman Pinaud

The Shark was much better on the first shave. Since I received a box of 100 of these several years ago, they may become 1 and dones.

Question for the vintage Schick users: can I expect a more user-friendly shave with a Schick vs the Supply SE? I struggle that one.

Razor: Schick G3 Gold Plated Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Samish Dusk in Manchurian badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20221112_080807.jpg

Razor: Leaf Twig SE
Blade: Shark SS Saloon (2)
Soap: Williams
Bowl: Moen
Brush: Proraso/Omega Boar
AS: Clubman Pinaud

The Shark was much better on the first shave. Since I received a box of 100 of these several years ago, they may become 1 and dones.

Question for the vintage Schick users: can I expect a more user-friendly shave with a Schick vs the Supply SE? I struggle that one.
It depends on what is user friendly for you. I have the Supply adjustable and a couple of Schicks. I am beginning to think that my preference is for a light weight razor over a heavier one (SE or DE). For that I find the Schicks nicer.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday
20221113_174848~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (Colorado Razor Designs Green and Bronze Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (5)
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Green and Bronze Handle (Maggard 26mm 2-Band Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12010341

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, November 20, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, excellent mid range, light weight 1 OZ, my favorite Schick mostly, it still demands a light touch when using injector blades. I'm testing the Subie stack of using 2 X 1/2 DE blades placed together in this razor. Results are good for trying something different. Some risk involved of cutting fingers and handling.
Blade : Modified Personna red 2 X 1/2 blade blades stacked together (6), sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Very surprized shave results.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream- nice mild minty fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi High mountain silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Personna red modified to fit the Schick E type injector. Not sure this method is for folks who have regular injector blades but it does work well IMO.
SOTD November 20 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

C1615E7B-43C8-48A7-B51F-B2D83DD51515.jpeg

Discovery Blade PIF / NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Haircut & Shave Ti Efficient
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless

Soap: P.A.A. Atomic Pumpkin
Brush: Yaqi Black and White Marble
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: P.A.A.Tombstone
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

I'm still rockin' the Bengall and the Ti Efficient for this awesome Sunday shave. I'm getting better with the straight in both my right and left hands while the Ti E. comes in for the win.

I decided to pull out the Phoenix Shaving Atomic Pumpkin my good buddy sent me. What can I say but, damn this stuff is good! It's like a boozy pumpkin without being too obnoxiously boozy. It's a perfect balance.

I did a four-pass shave and ended up with a very nice bbs face. I topped it all off with some Phoenix Shaving Tombstone aftershave. This one's a little hard to describe but I'll say that the I really like dry-down of it.

Happy Sunday everyone. Enjoy your shave.

Top Bottom