What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200531
shave 20200531_104643.jpg

Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey AS3M, 25mm Muhle STF
Soap: RazoRock Blue Fougère
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock Blue Fougère
Cologne: Lagerfeld Classic

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

First shave with my new @Rudy Vey AS3M with 25mm Muhle STF knot. Beautiful brush! Balanced and comfortable. The STF is, in my opinion, one of the top 4 synthetics out there (STF, Full Moon, Shavemac and Simpsons).

Second shave with the Colonial General V2, this time with the Feather Artist Club Professional. Great combination - smooth and effortless. Excellent razor that, along with the RR Hawk V3-OC, resides at the top of my AC razor selection. :)

Very relaxing and excellent shave!

Easy peasy cutting with a broman loaded with a kai over a stirling mentholated pre shave soap / meissner Tremonia orange infused broman brushed lawn. Finished with some meissner menthol mint as and topping with stirling glacial unscented

SES June 07th, 2020

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914, @Jayaruh rosewood handle
Blade: GEM Personna PTFE (2)
Brush: Century NOS Badger
Soap&AS: Tabac

sotd_07062020.jpg

First shave with ER1914. Wow! I like it: nimble, quick, efficient. And it also sounds great :)
The custom handle makes it very comfortable to hold and control.
And it's still a rather lightweight razor.
Needs proper angle and good slickness: you can feel this ultra-sharp blade on your skin, not unlike SR.
Plenty of fun to shave.

Razor: Schick A1 Magazine Repeating razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20200606_081643.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, June 7th 2020, I was reading a thread were one of the fellows when using a adjustable razor starts off at a low setting and then graduates up the dial. Well I have been using his method for some time and today for the first time tried it on my Schick injector M3. His thought was as the stubble gets smaller is harder to cut off so by increasing blade exposure you give the blade a better response to hitting the stubble. No science, just good old opinionated shaving theories. :001_smile

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model or M3- Mfg 1970-72, Dialed up 3,4,5,after each pass, excellent shave.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (10)Excellent blade- I just like to use Personna blades in my single edge razors.
Soap : Nivea cream original - I use it with other soaps sometimes in my mixing bowl, nice scent, ok lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi brown whiskers 26mm (Mew)- very enjoyable brush to use.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + witch Hazel + Nivea sensitive balm. Great products IMO.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable M3.
Sunday shave, June 7th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200607
Razor: Colonial General V2, Timeless TRH6 Ti Handle
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (6)
shave 20200607_102404.jpg

The Colonial General V2 plus the Feather Artist Club Professional is a great combination - smooth, effortless and comfortable. Beautiful razor. :)

Very relaxing and excellent shave! :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Shave, June 14th 2020

Razor: Pal injecto-matic - Mfg 1952> Very Smooth shave with a Personna SS PTFE blade, very light razor!
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (2)- nice very sharp blade with great longevity with low cost per shave.
Soap: Tabac- great traditional soap that lasts and lasts. Triple milled with a mild flowery scent, good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm syntetic - great brush that has no problem with hard soaps, soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.(summer months need very little or none IMO.)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: Very enjoyable shave with my Pal Injecto-matic.
Sunday shave June 14th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200613_091827.jpg

Soap: Col. Conk Amber
Brush: RR BC
Razor: Ever-Ready 1914
Blade: GEM coated

My first time using this razor. A little more aggressive and blade feel than my other ASR razors but still a nice shave - even with some razor burn from a bad shave yesterday.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200614
shave 20200614_103333.jpg

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless (2-dot plate)
Blade: Schick (1)
Brush: Shavemac 23mm Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Santa Maria Del Fiore Lozione Dopo-Barba

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks or cuts. Two small weepers (gone after cold water rinse plus alum), minor irritation.

First shave with the Supply V2.0 Stainless and am still dialing things in. Used the 2-dot plate and ended up having to do extra touch-up which, I believe, led to some minor irritation. Already have the 3-dot plate installed to see if that helps with the next shave.

Other than the minor irritation noted above, the Supply V2.0 Stainless (2-dot plate) delivered good results.

The Santa Maria Del Fiore soap and aftershave are wonderful! The soap produces a nice slick lather with good post-shave face feel. The AS feels and smells great. Very nice products!

All-in-all, a very nice shave! :)

Sunday shave. June 14th, 2020

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3, Super Knurl handle
Blade: Dorco BB-20 (1)
Brush: DIY M7 Boar 24mm
Soap&AS: Tabac

sotd_14062020.jpg

Special test-run of Dorco BB-20 (hence the classic software combination). They fit the Hawk alright (there's a tiny but visible shift to one side whereas Feather blades are dead-centered). The blade feels not as soft as Feather Pro but probably more efficient. 2+ passes and perfect BBS. No irritation. My skin is uninjured and refreshed. But you need to be very careful.
One more thing: I've found my perfect handle for the Hawk (of about 5 I've tried). Now it's the perfect balance, grip, and looks for me.

Cool shaves gentlemen.

Sunday, 6/14. No it’s not Father’s Day.

This is a completely unanticipated shave that I was fully prepared to blame on @pelicanachic and this thread:

Christy massage bar razor, fresh outa Fremont (Ohio, that is)
Personna injector (1), the Christy blade was not tested
Lucky Tiger Mollé throwback brushless cream
Alum and 3:1 Aqua Velva:Osage Rub (hats off to @fightingillini22 )

A6F6A9DD-32DD-4EEA-A6EF-392D6299CD15.jpeg

No blame can be attached! With the ultra protective Mollé hovering over my face (and covering the waters of the basin with an Exxon Valdez sheen), the Christy was carefully piloted to a DFS++. Amazing! I never expected to attempt a shave with this period piece, let alone get a comfortable and close one.

Top Bottom