Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: GEM Personna (3)
Brush: Zenith B34 28mm Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Post-shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave Balm: Bath and Bodyworks Hyaluronic Acid Gel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Brandy Spice

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Not sure why I posted my shave from 4/19 earlier today. 😲

Must have been too much time in the sun this morning.

Here is today's shave:

Shave 20200425

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!
20200425_202510~2.jpg

Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: GEM Personna (6)
Brush: Mühle 35K256 25mm Silvertip Fibre
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Toner
Aftershave: Brut Classic

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride approved) with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

The GEM Featherweight Deluxe is my kind of razor. Shaves so naturally and comfortably. Absolutely effortless. Nimble - adapts to the contours of my face. Great hand and face feel.

My kind of shave! Awesome! :)

YMMV

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, April 26 2020

Razor : Schick injector E2 type Canadian Variant - MFG 1930's & 40's Niagara Falls Ont.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (9) still sharp & gave a great shave.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea"- I really enjoy the scent and has good lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm "Sagrada Familia" named after a great cathedral in Barcelona Spain.
Pre-shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser :001_wub: + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my excellent E2 Schick injector.
Sunday shave,April 26th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

used and SR today so no post here. I had to resist the temptation of a follow up clean up with a GEM......didnt load one up to avoid any weakness.

shaving like its the only razor i own.

even if not reporting much here.......always keeping an eye out for the brethren.

camo

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200426
shave 20200426.jpg

Razor: Blackland Sabre, Level 2
Blade: GEM Personna (7)
Brush: Made Rite 34, 24mm Maggard Synthetic Knot
Aftershave: Floïd

My kind of shave! :)

YMMV

Ron R

Sunday Schick Shave, April 03 2020. I like to have a different Schick injector shave on Sundays and it is so easy with Schick's because they loved to make all kinds of different ones from Theme series to practical razors. Today is the Schick 500 series and it is by far the longest handle in my collection of Schick's measuring 5 3/8 inches from bottom to top.
I think any longer a razor handle would be not be all that beneficial to most IMO, but it is a unisex razor and has the Hydro magic feature that I use to clean the blade. Beautiful razor and shaves well!

Razor: Schick 500 injector with Hydro magic, a nice long handle for some at 5 3/8 inches LG, Mfg 1957-64
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (4) Very sharp and smooths out after a few shaves with good longevity IMO.
Soap: Razorock XXX- Nice scent with excellent lather qualities!
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm "Sagrada Familia " named after a Barcelona Cathederal in Spain.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick 500 injector.
Sunday Schick Shave,April 05th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Schick Shave, April 03 2020. I like to have a different Schick injector shave on Sundays and it is so easy with Schick's because they loved to make all kinds of different ones from Theme series to practical razors. Today is the Schick 500 series and it is by far the longest handle in my collection of Schick's measuring 5 3/8 inches from bottom to top.
I think any longer a razor handle would be not be all that beneficial to most IMO, but it is a unisex razor and has the Hydro magic feature that I use to clean the blade. Beautiful razor and shaves well!

Razor: Schick 500 injector with Hydro magic, a nice long handle for some at 5 3/8 inches LG, Mfg 1957-64
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (4) Very sharp and smooths out after a few shaves with good longevity IMO.
Soap: Razorock XXX- Nice scent with excellent lather qualities!
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm "Sagrada Familia " named after a Barcelona Cathederal in Spain.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick 500 injector.
View attachment 1095308
Have some great shaves!

nice brush choice too!!!!

camo

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200503
shave 20200503.jpg

Razor: GEM Junior G Bar
Blade: Personna GEM (1)
Brush: Omega 28MM EVO
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat ("Once you've had 'The Fat', you never go back" ;))
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Aftershave: Floïd
Cologne: Lagerfeld Classic EdT

First shave with my new (to me) GEM Junior G Bar Lather Catcher. Intuitive, natural, comfortable, efficient, wonderful razor!

This is all I needed, another "Rabbit Hole" to fall down. ;)

Outstanding Sunday shave! :)

YMMV

Ron R

Sunday Schick Shave, May 19th 2020

Razor: Schick injector J1 model- Mfg 1957-64
Blade : Personna injectorSS PTFE (1) very nice blade for sharpness and longevity and smooths out after a few shaves.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" I like the scent with good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm with brown whiskers- a great big brush to use with soft tips that I enjoy to use.
Pre-shave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + clean up.
Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" aftershave with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea men sensitive balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritaton + no weepers= :a17: great shave with my Schick injector J1.
Sunday Schick  shave May 10th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200510
shave 20200510.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-A
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (3)
Brush: @Graydog 26mm Silver Synth
Cream: La Toja
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: La Toja
Cologne: Preferred Stock

DFS++ with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

Top Bottom