What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thought I would have a Day light saving time Sunday shave with my friendly products from Nivea and have used them for years and are great to use. The balm is really good and the aftershave has a great quick fading scent and the cream is OK.
Post shave feel is just were I like it!
Razor:Schick Canadian E2 1930's+ injector
Blade: Schick (5) great blade!
Soap: Nivea sensitive cream
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Preshave: warm wet face cloth soak for 40 seconds X 2 + Aloe vera gel
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + Nivea balm
Sunday shave March 10 2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! (Daylight savings time change.)

Ron R

Sunday shave with a different razor to enjoy!
Still putting the Everready Streamline razor through it's paces and seeing were this razor efficiency and aggression is compared to my other GEM razors I enjoy. Very challenging razor to figure out it's strengths and weakness over time and there is not a lot information on it's performance. Right now trying to simulate correct spline thickness for it's time of design because the new GEM Personna SS PTFE have a much thinner spline design and I have a excellent solution that possibly others have tried(Elastic band) for tomorrows shave testing.(Going into the unknown!):detective:
Razor : Everready Streamline razor
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (3)
Soap : Tabac in the mixing bowl for 2 days
Preshave: shower and Aloe Vera gel
Postshave: Alum + cold water rinse
Postshave: Razorock Emperor splash + Nivea balm
Sunday shave March 17 2019 (2).jpg

Great close shave today!
Have some great shave!

Sunday shave with a different razor to enjoy!
Still putting the Everready Streamline razor through it's paces and seeing were this razor efficiency and aggression is compared to my other GEM razors I enjoy. Very challenging razor to figure out it's strengths and weakness over time and there is not a lot information on it's performance. Right now trying to simulate correct spline thickness for it's time of design because the new GEM Personna SS PTFE have a much thinner spline design and I have a excellent solution that possibly others have tried(Elastic band) for tomorrows shave testing.(Going into the unknown!):detective:
Razor : Everready Streamline razor
Soap : Tabac in the mixing bowl for 2 days
Preshave: shower and Aloe Vera gel
Postshave: Alum + cold water rinse
Postshave: Razorock Emperor splash + Nivea balm
View attachment 963582
Great close shave today!
Have some great shave!

I saw something on etsy that is a 3d printed adaptor for gem blades, bit I think that is for matching the thickness of the old wedge blades. I wonder if that would be to thick for your application. Do you have the proper thickness measurement to go off of. If not I have one of the old blades I could measure for you.

Shake Sharp v1.0 (1945) is the only razor using DE blades that holds its own with my injector and GEM razors. Twin BIC blades.
proxy.php

Ron R

I saw something on etsy that is a 3d printed adaptor for gem blades, bit I think that is for matching the thickness of the old wedge blades. I wonder if that would be to thick for your application. Do you have the proper thickness measurement to go off of. If not I have one of the old blades I could measure for you.
Very generous of you to offer a old blade, I have a Gem old one from a razor from _bay that I purchased with my 1912 gold and brass razor. The spine thickness is .072 thousands of a inch compared to a New Gem spined blade .038 thousands of a inch . No problem with finding a Elastic and I modified the length to see how it performs and I will also make it so that it exceeds the thickness and so there is a lot of angle(gotta have a little fun). This will do two things IMO and that is to reduce audio and give a downward slice making the shave smoother and it has not changed blade gap from my inspection.
Will know tomorrow and will see you over at Micromatic Monday or (GEMonday) shave.
Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Sunday shave with one of my newer razor purchases and it was a good shave.streamline razor March 14 2019 (2).jpg
Razor: Eveready Streamline razor
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Razorock 400
Preshave: warm wet face cloth for 40 sec X 2 + Aloe vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: American barber + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Sunday shave March 24-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor, Schick The Grip(1st use ever)
Blade, Schich injector blade from China,
Brush, Synthetic The Body shop
Soap, CO Bigelow
Aftershave, Maggards' alum block, Thayer's witchhazel, PAA Atmotic starjelly balm,
EDT, Hugo Boss Urban

proxy.php

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

Schick Type L clone, Chick blade, with VDH luxury shaving soap. Against all expectations, the Type L clone is becoming my go-to razor. The shaving soap with an injector is a blast from the past, and reminds me of when I first called this a "Luxury shave."

Top Bottom