Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210513_085653.jpg

Looks like another member took the leap of faith on Canada Shave Soap. How do you like it?
I have been using it all this week. And I may use it next week, too! I am getting very nice lather from it. And while I have used it about 20 times now, I can't see it going down in the tub! Bottom line is that it's one of best, and it's truly has no scent.

Gem Contour II
Gem PTFE (4)
Chinese Synth
Super Max Classic lather shave cream, bowl lathered
Barbasol Pacific Rush after shave
FBD063E3-C523-4394-B59A-04AD70E7BF8F.jpeg

Leisurely mid-day shave.

The Contour II gets a bad rap. Perhaps deservedly, if you don't like mild shavers. But I've had the Contour since the late 70s and have shaved with it more than any other SE I have. Due to that familiarity, I can get a descent shave out of it. The Pacific Rush provided a wonderful menthol blast on a day that is seeing warm summer days exiting stage left.

Gem Contour II
Gem PTFE (4)
Chinese Synth
Super Max Classic lather shave cream, bowl lathered
Barbasol Pacific Rush after shave
View attachment 1334207
Leisurely mid-day shave.

The Contour II gets a bad rap. Perhaps deservedly, if you don't like mild shavers. But I've had the Contour since the late 70s and have shaved with it more than any other SE I have. Due to that familiarity, I can get a descent shave out of it. The Pacific Rush provided a wonderful menthol blast on a day that is seeing warm summer days exiting stage left.

As a new acolyte to the SE world, I was unaware of the Contour II. I prefer mild razors. Now I think I need to check the bay and the BSTs!!! Thanks for writing about it. Nice piece of personal history, too!

Razor: Schick H2 Blue DEB Lady's Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
View attachment 1333054
Very cool razor! I have to imagine the grip takes a bit to get used to, I’m thinking around the contours might be a little odd.

First go with the Blackland vector was a success! Very smooth shave :)

-Blackland Vector
-Feather Professional (1st)
-Grizzly Bay 26mm HMW
-Capt Choice Copper

-PAA Banana Cube
-Stirling Pumpkin Spice setView attachment 1334088
Congratulations! I’m looking forward to shaving with one someday. 👍

I’m back to SEptember today with my Leaf Twig and a Nacet blade. I shouldn’t be but I am always surprised at how well this razor shaves. The near-perfect built-in angle is probably the reason. Whatever it is, the shave really is effortless. In particular, my jawline is usually difficult because I am thin enough that the XTG pass is very tricky but because the head is so small it fits in the smallest areas. Hence, here I sit with as close to BBS as I get.

SEptember 26th (24 SE shaves)

A GEM Damaskene and PTFE blade combo handled whisker removal this morning. The smooth and efficient razor/blade were aided by Captain’s Choice Land Ho! shaving cream.

I’m enjoying the Captain’s Choice shaving creams: they produce very slick lather and have wonderful scents. Cool Wave closed out a great Sunday shave.
7A586260-C68B-4E6F-A131-B3C2C5480FEE.jpeg

Top Bottom