What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2021

I like Vetiver scented shave products, how do you like the SV desert Vetiver? I believe you liked "Fine" Vetiver when they quite making it in AS and you bought some up for stocking. I enjoy the Fine Vetiver After shave myself very much, I mix it with some witch hazel and use it then in a 50ml glass mister & seems just right and lasts a long time that way.

Ron, re:Fine Vetiver, you have such a good memory! The Desert Vetiver is a very unique scent. There is vetiver in the base, but there are other components that are a bit sharper than vetiver ( Elemi, Incense, Orange and Artemisia ) that is very pleasant and not floral. It is tied for my #1 scent position with Creed Original Vetiver, Fine placing a very close #2.

Witch hazel plus Fine Vetiver sounds like a (ahem) Fine combination [emoji6], I like the idea of a mister too!

I’m here to beg forgiveness. I had to try one of my new razors today and it is a DE.
I know blasphemy! LOL.
I’ll be back in the SE fold tomorrow.

No problemo hermano, eet ees a Free countree![emoji3526] (Excuse my channeling my heritage[emoji23])

• Love
Reactions: GNR
Sept Stirling SE Tue 14 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum (Raster)
Blade Feather Professional 8th use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Very nice soap! One of my favorite...especially for the nice scent plus of course the lather is always creamy and slick...
Another great shave with the razor paired with this blade. Surprisingly, the well-used blade is crispier, smoother, and comfortable compared to the proguard. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish without any issues. Matching aftershaves were great.
20210914_072715.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (3)
Ω10048 boar brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower
Pre-shave: refined shea butter
Lather: Mostly Stirling Unscented with Beeswax
Post-shave: Face wash with shave binky
Aftershave: Ulm Nom

Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Gem PTFE (5)
unknown Chinese Synth shave brush from Sally Beauty
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood, face lathered
Witch Hazel
DAD29CE1-8EE4-4C04-BFCC-6FAFCFC430FB.jpeg

The condition that halted my shaving has cleared. I've had a few shaves with the Clog Pruf, just haven't posted. This is the Micromatic I've gotten most recently, hence shaved with the least. Good performer and probably the most audible shaver I own. Like the sound of buttering toast, as they say. Helps with nailing down the optimal angle for a close shave...which happens to be steeper than one would think with the model.

First outing Alpha Claymore Evolution/Feather Pro. I opted to use the Asylum RX handle which sheds 20g vs the stock handle and balances better. On the one hand this is VERY smooth shaver. On the other it's not nearly as efficient as other AC/Injector razors I use, thus there were pick-ups to be had for the Shake Sharp. I do like it a lot more than the OC Hawk for its smoothness. Will see if it gets closer with a Proline blade.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave Tue, SEptember14 2021

Razor: Everready 1912 British variant- Mfg 1936-53, excellent mid range, favorite handle design with the extended corners of the hexagon chained art design makes for excellent grip (more concentration on the shave instead of slipping) nice design & built to last.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sage & Cedarwood nice scent + great lather qualities, I find loading the soap pastier out of bowl works the best, to much water at start give a more airy foam lather. Great soap when figured out procedure regardless.
Brush: Yaqi 2band badger Mountain lake(Finest badger), excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel skin cleaning + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my ER British 1912 with a coated Gem Blade.
SOTD,  Sep 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

@jeffmudrick using an AC blade?! The Claymore allure proved too strong? Or a ritual to wake @rabidus from his arcane slumber? Inquiring minds want to know

And so do I!

I know. In part it's a reflection of how much I like my Alpha Outlaw DE, so I thought I'd reward Steve with my continuing support and give the format one last shot (he says). Now I like Shane's work too but the cost of entry for the Vector remains a little rich for me.

I'm disappointed the Alpha head is bulkier than the Hawk but I do like the shave but for the back of my head where it fails like all AC format designs have.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The Vector’s higher cost is a bigger risk, but they seem easy to move on with less depreciation if sold after Shane’s 30 Day return policy. At the same time, it seems no one can unseat GE Jones and Stahly from the ranking for you

The Vector’s higher cost is a bigger risk, but they seem easy to move on with less depreciation if sold after Shane’s 30 Day return policy. At the same time, it seems no one can unseat GE Jones and Stahly from the ranking for you

I'd go with the Vector if I could figure out an angle or strategy to manage that back of the head issue with the wide AC blade. I'm sure I'd appreciate the Vector's handling but it's still a wide blade with inherent limits.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
It actually had me scared, looking sort of creepy, in a Halloween movie sort of way!

Don't let the looks fool you. The MMOC is not the mildest Gem, but it's not a mad-dog shredder either. It's not my favourite razor but that's more ergonomics than anything. I like a little longer handle and a touch more mass. It's especially nice after you've got a couple of shaves on the blade.

O.H.

Top Bottom