Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

SEptember shave 8-10

Friday: Gem Featherweight / Generic carbon-steel blade (3)
Saturday: Eveready 1912 / Generic carbon-steel blade (3)
Sunday: Gem Micromatic, open comb / Generic carbon-steel blade (4)
Semogue boar brush
Soap Commander Integrity

Starting out round four with these three razors. It’s hard to draw any conclusions so far. The little Featherweight surprises me with how well it shaves for such a light razor. I think so far the 1912 has given me the closest shaves.

Sept Stirling SE 1st Post
Soap
Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Executive Man Splash & Frost Drops
Wonderful scent from this soap. The lather is nicely creamy and very slick too...
Shave with this AC razor paired with the blade is the usual silky smooth, comfortable, and efficient 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Really good quality shave and would have used this more if not for the expensive blades. Matching aftershave with some frost drops is really something...
20210913_104651.jpg

Decision made this morning loaded an occam Oren with a Kai protouch and mowed a full measure of men zenith 507xs prepped lawn with aplomb. It is not the smoothest shaver meaning my de have a better glide/cutting action and I tend to press way to much on the razor due to that. but otoh it is an idiot proof shaver and even with a single dot plate I have a near bbs result.

hmmmm probably need to get some feather blades.

Attachments

• B4DB5298-93EA-4040-9378-DD97AFF6D072.jpeg
    B4DB5298-93EA-4040-9378-DD97AFF6D072.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 77BD4040-53CA-4B55-AA5E-69AEEB3BA7CE.jpeg
    77BD4040-53CA-4B55-AA5E-69AEEB3BA7CE.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 2
  • CC7FD476-4E75-4B6F-A76F-DF9891E299D7.jpeg
    CC7FD476-4E75-4B6F-A76F-DF9891E299D7.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
  • F8A70E5D-1E37-4707-BDAC-309D0B52961C.jpeg
    F8A70E5D-1E37-4707-BDAC-309D0B52961C.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (2)
Ω10048 boar brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower
Pre-shave: castor oil
Lather: Mostly Stirling Unscented with Beeswax
Post-shave: Face wash with shave binky
Aftershave: Ulm Nom

A little closer. A little too close at times. Hoping to use unrefined shea butter as pre-shave next time.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday,SEptember 13th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless 17 nib SB model),Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, built to last generations, great razor to use when blade use count gets high or any time. Brass construction and Micromatics where way ahead of the competition for TTO at first introduction 1930.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sage & cedarwood. nice scent with a little clove, great lather qualities. I Load soap with damp brush from my bowl more pastier and then wet the face apply and wet as needed seems to work the best, total bowl lathering with it is finicky I have found. Nice soap regardless.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Artic sky knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood :001_wub: + a tiny dollop of CeraVe balm.(great stuff + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model) and a coated Gem blade.

SOTD,  Sep 13th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SEptember 13 shave:
Razor: GEM 1912, chrome (nickel?) plated with the hexagonal(?) handle; circa 1928?
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (12)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

This morning's shave on < 2 days of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, and no nicks or irritation. Perfect results again with the GEM.

I had forgotten that it is SEptember, and this is my first time using a GEM this month. I had a long, successful run with a Gillette TV Special Super Speed that took my focus away from GEMs.

Razor: Gem Push-Button Gold
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
PSX_20210912_083236.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
proxy.php

Le Blanc Shea Soap Preshave
GEM MMOC / GEM PTFE (8)
SV Desert Vetiver Soap and Balm
I like Vetiver scented shave products, how do you like the SV desert Vetiver? I believe you liked "Fine" Vetiver when they quite making it in AS and you bought some up for stocking. I enjoy the Fine Vetiver After shave myself very much, I mix it with some witch hazel and use it then in a 50ml glass mister & seems just right and lasts a long time that way.

Top Bottom