Schick (2)
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: face rinse with warm water
Lather: Col Conk Unscented
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Aftershave; Ulm Nom
Post-shave: Hot shower

Shave one was awesome. Shave two said I should’ve sacrificed the blade instead of using it. It’s got a new blade now, but my mind is thinking “MMOC or barber razor?” at the moment.

SEptember 4 shave.

A bummer of a situation happened yesterday. I was trying to load a Schick blade into my Supply razor and it started going in above the old blade. So I removed the new blade, tightened the screw a bit and tried again with the same result. Then I removed the plate to put the blade in by hand. Instead of setting the razor down to put the new blade in I held it by the head and it slipped out of my hand falling on the tile floor. This bent the head a bit so I used pliers to fix this, but for some reason didn't think to use a cloth or towel to protect the razor. So I ended up scratching the finish.

I shaved with it this morning and it actually performed well and didn't cause any irritation. The only problem is that this is the alloy version so I'm not sure about its longevity. Fortunately I got it used at half its original price a couple months ago. Well, live and learn.

16307798862223342111612080208816.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (7)
Vie Long 24mm honse
Pre-shave: Face wash with PdP milk bath soap
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

Gave myself brush burn, but the shave itself was smooth

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, SEptemper 5th 2021

Razor: Stick Schick injector L theme series, nice milder injector, I like the theme, kind of reminds me growing up in my youth.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE blade, very sharp, excellent blade, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice Vanilla & light Tobacco scents.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26mm synthetic :001_wub: , excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine Fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Stick Schick with a Personna coated injector blade.

SOTD,  Sep 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SEptember V: Nothing to SEe here…
Today I broke out some great hardware & software that never disappoints.
I used my first BMMOC (sort of ugly to look at but, a top performer), my Paladin El Dorado, Haslinger Schafmilch, and Stirling Bergamot Lavender AS.
who knew that a sim pot WO pass shave with a goatee pick up could feel so great. Outstanding results all around, I’m learning towards the same set up for tomorrow.
6F8C2FF7-9B8D-4B2E-937F-F537B4135A4F.jpeg
76AE4785-6A8C-42F5-979B-88BEAA287EAC.jpeg
9EA877D6-2297-4280-998D-FA42625539E3.jpeg

Razor: Schick B2 Magazine Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210904_084345.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (8)
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: Face wash with PdP milk bath soap
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

Better than the last two shaves, but I was still ham-handed.

SEptember 6, 2021
The excellent SE shaves continue.
EVER-READY 1912, GEM PTFE, Mike’s, Stirling Finest l, and Cool Wave combination for a great shave. The wonderful scent of Mike’s filled the bathroom as the Finest Badger worked the lather into my whiskers.
The ER 1912 was a magician; the whiskers simply disappeared. Cool comfy finish with the Cool Wave. Perfect start to the day.
33465D79-54B2-43B1-AA85-E9F369E58BF5.jpeg
BFFACEDF-51BC-4D50-A85D-C2B31D0F9B24.jpeg
B50CDE6B-15CB-4605-AC50-0E4F47994FAC.jpeg
A18D6965-AE62-49AE-8288-DA3DD4DC5A39.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, SEptember 6th, 2021

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade with a baton handle, Mfg 1943 variant, great handle design, excellent razor head proven with time.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Lavanda cream, nice very mild scent & excellent lather qualities+ great protection(I have not had a weeper with this cream)
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm cashmere knot :001_wub: excellent with creams, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel to clean skin + Lavanda aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm. (Experimenting with CeraVe moisturizer, last minute change from Nivea balm)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 Parade with the baton handle with a coated Gem SS blade.

SOTD,  Sep 6th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom