What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2021

proxy.php

Le Blanc Shea Soap Preshave
RR Blackhawk / Schick Proline (11)
SV Desert Vetiver Soap, Fine Fresh Vetiver

2 pass wtg > atg smooth near BBS shave.

I find the original Blackhawk a easier more efficient shave than my SS Hawk v3-A. The Blackhawk appears to have a larger blade exposure, so maybe that's the reason. Anyway, I will probably sell the SS Hawk v3-A soon.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (11)
Ω10048 boar brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented
Post-shave: hot shower
Aftershave: Ulm Nom

I’m too ham-handed with this whisker-removing piece of jewelry. Betting more uses will change that. If I win that bet, hurray! If I lose, I still have a Micromatic Open Comb, still hurray!

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (11)
Ω10048 boar brush
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented
Post-shave: hot shower

I’m too ham-handed with this whisker-removing piece of jewelry. Betting more uses will change that. If I win that bet, hurray! If I lose, I still have a Micromatic Open Comb, still hurray!

Hey Thom,
I have the Hawk V3 SB, and I find close to a Mary Poppins razor for me!
MP PracPerf.png

But Open Combs are my nemesis! Almost all are too much for my tender visage!

SEptember 11 shave
Schick M1 set to 6
sChick injector blade (5)
Yaqi Mysterious Space tuxedo
MWS Sensitive Skin

Almost as nice a shave as the yesterday. Setting 6 on the M1, with a single blade, seemed liked more blade feel to me. It was a good shave, but not as close and with a little nicking around the corner of the mouth (user error, no doubt!). I didn't feel I could zoom around as care-free as with the twin blade in the M2. But the end was a nice, refreshing shave with one of my favorite soaps and getting the closeness without irritation that I have come to expect from my injectors.

SEptember 11 ShavE
SEriously nice shave today. I used one of my favorite MMOCs/GEM PTFE blade and a great ARKO/Boar brush lather. The ARKO was really dialed in today.
My Omega 10104 is breaking in faster than any Boar brush I have owned. It’s not eating much, and the tips are splitting. This might end up being a perfect travel brush.
Ramblin’ Man smells so nice and I really like the Stirling AS performance.
C3F0E33D-11A2-43D2-A1B8-DFCF70D72AB7.jpeg
FC6832D0-9A25-4E09-A78C-1562D5168354.jpeg
B529CF49-F0AC-453B-BE18-1F1F2B117F31.jpeg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Saturday's shave

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Schick injector, 1937 Canadian E4
Blade: Chick, shave #2
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender
Brush: Ever Ready 150 reknotted w/TGN 24mm Silvertip badger
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by Barrister & Man Reserve Lavender A/S splash

DFS+, 9.5 / 10

This razor is ridiculously good! I'm gobsmacked at how good it is, actually. Took me a little while to get used to my M1 adjustable again (after nearly 4 decades), but this shaves like I was born using it. Just a normal, every day shave for me, no more or less effort than on any other day when I don't feel I'm "product testing" but rather, "just shaving". This thing is wonderful. And I did not waste as much lather as I usually do. After about a dozen and a half shaves, I think I have B&M Reserve soap pretty well dialed in now. I'm getting to the lather faster and using less product. To those who have been frustrated with it, IMO, the B&M Reserve soap is worth learning to use, it is truly wonderful stuff.

2021-09-11a.jpg

2021-09-11b.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I’m too ham-handed with this whisker-removing piece of jewelry. Betting more uses will change that.

I had that reaction to the V3OC, too. I like OC razors but I now have another criterion to meet: comb teeth spaced fairly close. I find the V3SB gives me wonderful shaves.

I don't seem to have trouble with OC razors with lots of teeth. The PAA Starling V2OC was my first OC, and every other OC razor I've picked up since was just fine that way. I think I'd really like the Hawk V3OC if it had two more teeth on the comb.

O.H.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (1)
Ω10048 boar brush
Pre-shave: Face wash with PdP Milk bath soap
Lather: Mostly Stirling Unscented with Beeswax
Post-shave: Face wash with shave binky

New blade was better. Still learning.

Still SE all the way. But I do have two new Gillette razors that I haven’t tried yet and I may not last all of SEptember.
Today I broke out the Cella Extra Extra Bio, simply superb! Lathering it with my Purple Mink was fantastic.
I removed all the whiskers with my EVER-READY 1912…smooth. A splash of Cool Wave to end an excellent shave.
FB07F045-3DC7-4F8B-8B14-504F2B6B43B0.jpeg
23989148-BFD1-4CE3-B27E-FB1603D8F5C3.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, SEptember 12th, 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, Excellent razor, well built even with plastic handle construction, good results & enjoy using it over the years.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely over time + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, unique scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi "Viper" 24 mm boar, Excellent lather generator, nice split end hair smoothness tips + great scrubber+ great lather painter. New brush to the harem of brushes(Yaqi fanboy). Very nice boar bristle brush, I enjoy the handle ergonomics and color.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm. (Great balm scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick Adj injector M3 + a coated Personna injector blade.

SOTD,  Sep 12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom