Menthol Monday
💈SOTN💈
RAZOR: Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher
BLADE: Gem Damaskeene (3)
LATHER: WSP Formula T Cooling Barbershop
BRUSH: Omega 10098 Professional Boar
ASTRINGENT: Osma Alum block
AFTERSHAVE SPLASH: WSP Cooling Barbershop
This razor never disappoints me I just love this old Gem Lather Catcher. 4 pass shave left me BBS. A close, comfortable, smooth shave with zero irritation and no blood. This razor is becoming my favorite razor to use even more so than my straights. Hope a war don't break out in the shave den .
20200921_182157.jpg

Alright, I've missed a lot.
Razor: RR blackhawk v2
Blade: Proline?
Brush: Rick Montalvo brush with Timberwolf synth knot
Lather: chiseled face Ghost Town Barber
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Lime

Razor: RR blackhawk v2
Blade: Proline?
Aftershave: NO Barrbarr

Razor: GEM
Blade: GEM PTFE
Aftershave: Stirling Unscented Balm with Menthol

Razor: GEM
Blade: GEM PTFE
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Lime

Phew, it feels good to get that off my chest. I am a little sad that my Valey Autostrop seems so harsh as I find myself reaching for my Hawk and my GEM a lot. They have a VERY different experience but both give a good, easy shave. I would say that the Hawk allows me to be a little more brainless, but neither of them is hard. I haven't changed blades in any of my razors yet which makes sense since I've basically used three blades this month.

Good times.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Micromatic Monday
SEptember 2020 #7
Speicktember 2020 #5
20200921_171649~2.jpg

Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Personna GEM (3)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Speick Cream
Aftershave: Speick
Fragrance: Cella Milano Eau de Lavande Cologne

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

This is a great combination that delivers wonderful shaves! Comfortable and smooth. Great post-shave face feel.

Simply outstanding! 👍

IMG_20200922_103525359.jpg

2020/09/21
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Crema Pre Barba
Razor: Schick K2 White Lady Eversharp
Blade: Schick Injector (? + 2)
Soap: Fuzzyface Soaps Kentish Rain
Brush: Old Spice Boar
Aftershave: Avon Wild Country
Passes: XTG/ATG
Result: BBS

Did a Gillette slide on my lower throat, holding handle at a diagonal, to reduce overall length to achieve an ATG pass.

Have a happy shave!

Might have to try those and uncoated stainless. Decided to get a big box of coated stainless instead of trying samples.
Coated stainless are generally the best liked. Trying for yourself is always the best idea though.

The carbon or coated stainless are pretty equal to me, except for longevity, which the stainless wins. I might be able to extend the carbons life by oiling, alcohol baths, or other extraordinary measures, but I didn't really care for having to dry them, so additional measures would be a deal breaker anyway for me.

21st shave- nice and smooth two-pass effort- no nicks, no irritation- DFS; pretty much a shave of some classics for me!

Soap: Arko stick- after Arko August I've gained a fuller appreciation for this soap.
Brush: New Forest Badger 2201(?)- bought this new many years ago and it's never disappointed.
Razor: Feather DX Japanese style-
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (5)
AS: Lucky Tiger splash

Happy shaving all!

PXL_20200922_183408209.jpg

9/21/20
Menthol Monday
💈SOTN💈
RAZOR: Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher
BLADE: Gem Damaskeene (3)
LATHER: WSP Formula T Cooling Barbershop
BRUSH: Omega 10098 Professional Boar
ASTRINGENT: Osma Alum block
AFTERSHAVE SPLASH: WSP Cooling Barbershop
This razor never disappoints me I just love this old Gem Lather Catcher. 4 pass shave left me BBS. A close, comfortable, smooth shave with zero irritation and no blood. This razor is becoming my favorite razor to use even more so than my straights. Hope a war don't break out in the shave den .
View attachment 1158220
Can you tell me the difference between a plain old Gem Jr. and the "Bar"?
Thanks,
Cliff

ps - toe jam alert

Pardon my ignorance, but doesn't the Junior Bar actually have the word bar on it? That looks to me like an early Junior.
I have no idea I'm new to this whole Lather Catcher world of razors . Mine just says Gem Junior on it but it has a bar that goes across the face of the blade. See pictures in above post . My ignorance runs deep when it comes to these old time razors I just know they are COOL and they work great. I love em.

Top Bottom