Single Edge SEptember 2020

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
7339D7E8-5A80-469F-9C69-DE1FB32562ED.jpeg

Wilkinson Sword Bonded razor (1)
Art of Shaving Peppermint cream
Acca Kappa boar, bowl lathered
Institut Karite shea after-shave balm

Was going to skip today, but got my NOS Wilkinson Sword Bonded Blade razor in the mail. The Wilkinson Bonded razor was an early single-blade cartridge razor, introduced in the 70s. The razor itself is rinky dinky plastic, but the blade--Wilkinson Sword quality. Never used the razor before and my first shave was outstanding.

Vintage-Wilkinson-Sword-Bonded-Shaving-System-Razor.jpg

IMG_20200920_093958011.jpg

2020/09/20
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Crema Pre Barba
Razor: Schick Injector Type I1
Blade: Schick Injector (24)
Soap: Van der Hagen Scented Luxury Soap
Brush: Luxury 10-5
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Reserve Brandy Spice
Passes: XTG/ATG
Result: DFS

Had an ingrown after yesterday's shave. Broke the hair free and shaved as normal. Starting to get sub-par shaves on easy areas, so time to change blades. Will break out my Lady Eversharp tomorrow with an unknown number of shaves on it's blade.

Have a happy shave!

Was going to skip today, but got my NOS Wilkinson Sword Bonded Blade razor in the mail. The Wilkinson Bonded razor was an early single-blade cartridge razor, introduced in the 70s. The razor itself is rinky dinky plastic, but the blade--Wilkinson Sword quality. Never used the razor before and my first shave was outstanding.

View attachment 1157541
So what does an Acca Kappa boar look like? Their current brush is vegan and eco-friendly.

Razor: Schick E1 Deluxe with black handle
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200919_082026.jpg

View attachment 1157541
Excuse me sir, but that is "space age" plastic!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SEptember Shave #6
20200920_101412~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Fragrance: Shades Of Blue For Men EdT Spray (Belcam Version Of Light Blue Pour Homme)

Additional skin care: Crystal Alum, Thayers Rose Petal Skin Toner and Hyaluronic Acid.

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Everything about this shave was smooth, effective, relaxed - absolutely superb. :cool: :)

This morning's shave;
Razor: Schick Type G
Blade: SChick yellow card (4)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Cream: MWF
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Bay Rhum
Actually started the shave with my Gem G-Bar and after the first pull realized that it was not going to be a good idea. SO I went ahead and grabbed the Schick and carried on. This week has been a lazy shave week for me. I have only shaved every other day.

Razor: Gem 1912 Damaskeene
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200920_080453.jpg

IMG_20200921_132531717.jpg

2020/09/21
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Crema Pre Barba
Razor: Lady Eversharp (not sure of the model number)
Blade: Schick Injector (? + 1)
Soap: Van der Hagen Scented Luxury Soap
Brush: Stag B4565 with AoS starter knot
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Bon Vivant (love this!, too bad it is unobtanium)
Passes: XTG/ATG
Result: DFS - lower neck blocks the extra point :)

Ingrown area all but healed. Couple of nicks, but hadn't used this razor since shortly after getting it. Handle is too long to be comfortable to me. It hits my chest when I'm doing my lower throat so I have to do XTGx2 there instead of XTG/ATG

Have a happy shave!

I used my Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf razor today with a Gem PTFE blade. This is the one that accompanied a U.S. soldier all through the Italian campaign in WWII and got "blessed" by Pope Pius XII:biggrin1: Soap was a Williams puck (not the Arko pictured, and the brush is a new synthetic "chess" brush by Turn-n-Shave. I haven't used Williams in couple of years and I do like it, especially the scent. It dries out faster for me, though, so I need to add more water. I love the synthetic brush. I have been using the same Tweezerman badger brush for several years and it's getting pretty worn. I hope everyone is still staying safe.

Cliff
Seattle
118580802_1229752484033998_1926221426403847931_o.jpg

Top Bottom