What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
In order to keep new scores and acquisitions easier to find lets post them all in this thread. :001_tt1:

Here's my find of today, GEM Micromatic Bullet-tip or Flying wing Single Edge twist to open safety razor.

This razor is in good condition, some scratches and the handle has some plate loss as has the head:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,845
Last edited:
And another item I won from the same seller on that well known auction site, advertised as GEM Push button Single Edge Safety Razor:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,750
Last edited:
Preceded by this one, as I really needed :)001_unsur) one of those lovely boxes:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,773
And I found out that my favorite vendor on the Bay had a couple of nice items up for sale today also!

A Clog Pruf, if identified correctly.

$ClogPruf.jpg

And a GEM jr.

$GEMJr.JPG

A few coins go a long way in SE land!

Finally snagged a Damaskeene on the 'Bay. Now I just need to find a Jewel/Streamline and I'll be set. The seller thought it was a hoot that I was planning on shaving with this. Apparently she'd never heard of B&B.

$P1110563.JPG$P1110564.JPG$P1110565.JPG$P1110566.JPG

Last edited:
BTW - These are all BCP -Before Cleaning Pics :lol:

I also have another Gem 1912, but the head's smaller & a different style handle.

$07_Compare with Smaller-A.jpg$08_Compare with Smaller-B.jpg$09_Compare with Smaller-C.jpg$10_Compare with Smaller-D.jpg

Are there different "sub-models" within the 1912 Model?

Rico

I think alex2363 knows, maybe we should ask.

From my own starting collection I can confirm that there are more than one style handle.
I have the same ornate or chain link handle, and a pretty similar handle as the other one also.

Whether this reflects an other model or just a handle change over the years, I do not know.

I found this single edge 7 0 clock on ebay for a nice price so i had to have it, Plus it uses desplined blades just like
the early autostrops do

$DSC_0413.jpg
$DSC_0414.jpg$DSC_0415.jpg its in better condition than it looks, plus i have now centered the blade properly.

Picked this one up the other day.
EverReady 1914 "little lather catcher" complete with box on eBay. Excellent condition and shaves like a boss!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391873701.626367.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391873711.493324.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391873721.779962.jpg

I went to a couple of antique stores today and found this GEM 1912. Looks like it's in decent shape. It even had a GEM Damaskeene blade loaded. Anyone ever tried shaving with one of these?
$GEM_1.jpg$GEM_2.jpg

This old beauty just arrived. Can anyone identify it for me? It looks like a very early Ever-Ready travel razor. And where should I look for info about cleaning it up.

$uploadfromtaptalk1393280985145.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1393281014924.jpg

Here is my first SE razor...I had no clue as to what I bought.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,436
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,432
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,426
Top Bottom