What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

I guess it would be if the standard gem junior is not considered a lather catcher.

will join TALC.

absolutely love this specific razor.

I forsee a lot more SE shaving in the future!!!!

camo

20200229_133718.jpg

Picked this up at a local antique store this morning. It's actually my first SE razor.

I was really excited to get this early Autostrop razor, I’ve been looking for one for a long time!
The cased one had it’s flap scotch taped shut and even with a little heat does not want to release from the thin leather.
8A1C2D0F-7508-4D2D-B78A-1AFE7B3D1CBF.jpeg

Hunting in the wild today...

My first “stroned” blades and a pristine midnight blue/pebble chrome Eversharp-Schick injector to hold them.
468C9A5B-A5FA-4DC2-A548-D9A1018EE1BD.jpeg

Also, the gold Gem ‘Peerless’ Clog-Pruf Micromatic I’ve been needing, with plenty of blades. The Presto blades may not be stroned, but they do offer quick, clean shaves with magic ease. And only 10¢ for 4. Beat that, Gem.
65E03EC3-0F15-4C4A-BE9B-C9D1B695D47A.jpeg

Bonus, an unused Ever-Ready banded boar. Not a scratch on it.
DEE21061-8944-40BF-BDA9-9C0B198A2800.jpeg

Thanks. I think there must be a trick to loading a blade since it tends to drag on the right hand stop. I am looking forward to shaving with it!

No experience with the F, but I have, with a wonky injector:

Discharged a blade from the pack.
Inserted the key into the injector as usual.
Loaded the blade from the wrong side using a small plier and a great deal of care to avoid dragging the edge across the blade stops.
Jostled the blade forward against the stops with a dental pick.
Pulled out the key.

Also, once you go through the loading cycle a few times, things might get smoother. Good luck. Those Fs are beautiful razors.

Top Bottom