What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

A nice soak and scrub with warm water and dish soap, followed by a polish worked wonders. Surprised me how nice it was underneath.

Fortunately, unlike my Type-A, this guy didn’t need to be tightened up. The modern blades fit snuggly without any movement.

I can't speak for a Type A since I don't own one but for the ones I do which are a B1, C1 and C2 the B1 gives me the closest shaves of the 3.

I'd also add I can't tell a difference between how the C1 and C2 shaves. Unless you are collecting every B or C type, get the C2 which is the easiest to acquire and you'll be good to go for you Schick A,B,C's as far as different types of shaves each letter can do.

Last edited:
My latest find on the Bay. Was only bidder at $5.00 and won. Is new, has blank in for blade, cardboard instructions under head, so making assumption never used. Only flaw, dial front with numbers on it is gone not sure if anyone knows how to get a replacement? Doubt I would try the cream.

IMG_0976.jpeg
IMG_0977.jpeg
IMG_0978.jpeg

Nice get!! I guess time took the dial label, everything else looks great. :thumbup1:
I just need to figure out the direction on the dial! Need to clean it up, or could sell it for what the market is going now. I really don't give much value to the shave cream as I would think it's trash by now.

Gem G-Bar on order as of today; looks like it's in excellent condition without pitting in the photos, both blade stops look good. Looking forward to it, although I'm a bit nervous about technique and how smooth it will feel compared to one of my favorite DE razors (my 1912 given an excellent shave, but can irritate if I don't watch the angle & pressure). I have some of the Connaught Shaving PTFE blades waiting as well.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gem G-Bar on order as of today; looks like it's in excellent condition without pitting in the photos, both blade stops look good. Looking forward to it, although I'm a bit nervous about technique and how smooth it will feel compared to one of my favorite DE razors (my 1912 given an excellent shave, but can irritate if I don't watch the angle & pressure). I have some of the Connaught Shaving PTFE blades waiting as well.
The G bar is a great looking razor and is more on the milder side of the GEM family of razors IMO but I can still get a BBs on 3 pass with a clean up. The nice part of having a milder Gem you can use it on the first couple of shaves of a new blade because Gem coated blades are one of the sharpest blades ever MFG IMO and then slip it in your GEM 1912 and even get a smoother shave hopefully. Another great Gem is the Featherweight and that is one of my favorites and is a bit more aggressive but more efficient than a G bar but just below mid range IMO.
Have some great shaves!

I received my GEM G-Bar yesterday, and as of this evening it was all cleaned and ready to go. I ended up making a quick lather on a cheek and giving it a test run, as I didn't feel like waiting until morning. I was fortunate enough to find a G-Bar in very good condition on Etsy (I paid a little more, but I feel like it as worth it as it looks like it's in great condition with only a few scratches but no pits on the top cap).

Unsurprisingly, it gave a very close shave. Surprisingly (to me), it felt very smooth and friendly! A very pleasant surprise as I was expecting it to be at least a little rougher. I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning's shave even more, now.

I really wish I could put that head on my 1912 Art Deco handle . . .

Looks well built, how does it shave?

I posted a quick first look review in this thread:

Bottom line - meets RazoRock’s design objectives, never going to be a major player for my personal shaving.

Then I promptly handed it to my middle son. He likes fiddling with things, something his Schick injector doesn't offer. We will see if he adopts it. If not, I plan to try a variety of blades in it, over time.

If we manage to use up 100 Crown saloon blades in a year, it will mean that I’ve opened up a black economy tonsorial parlor in the basement.

New NOS GEM and it looks like a real GEM.
The first interview for this Featherweight will be this week.
Looks like this will be the first shave for this GEM and the first shave with a Featherweight for me.

New2 (1).jpg
New2 (2).jpg
New3.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
New NOS GEM and it looks like a real GEM.
The first interview for this Featherweight will be this week.
Looks like this will be the first shave for this GEM and the first shave with a Featherweight for me.

Very nice shape (NOS), lucky duck.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
This was a unexpected find for me. A C.V. Heljestrand Seven Day Set imported by Magnus Kindal into Paris. Complete with all parts, blades, strop, and directions for use on onion paper.

042BDB7E-8908-4907-98B6-3D8D6FFB1175.jpeg
6A864945-D7EF-41D4-A772-2A67F3494DC8.jpeg
194860F2-E56B-43CD-83F1-FCC4B96FCB62.jpeg
7A13747A-7358-465D-8450-6E5B01B08154.jpeg
459786CA-E3A3-4AED-A0D9-9D5CF2F3E508.jpeg
90E445CF-DC8A-4616-9B65-A3A99C02FBE4.jpeg

This one count here.
proxy.php

It’s actually a pretty good Razor.
I’m Only 2 shaves in so time will Tell.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Just got in my Schick adjustable which is a welcome addition. I am not sure if it is a M2 or a M3, but it appears to be in great condition.
20191012_121606.jpg

Two found at the same place in the wild. I've been chasing the I for a while now.

20191008_225745.jpg
20191009_011952.jpg

Attachments

• 20191008_225745.jpg
    20191008_225745.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191009_011952.jpg
    20191009_011952.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom