What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Wild caught, had not seen nor heard tell of a blue handled Schick G before. Apparently it is a variant of:
“G4: Schick 66 - blue handle, chrome head
Package: fitted cardboard box.”
35FB5BF8-3E9B-4960-80A0-818010CFF167.jpeg

I also enjoyed finding the (kinda wacky) Plata Lappas Argentinian silverplate/leather nut bowl that holds the Schick, but is destined to hold lather. The Internet tells me that Plata Lappas is still churning out silver/cow bodypart holloware down on the Pampas.

I also like the Eversharp Schick service guarantee.
B7BEBBE7-06AE-4F2C-8DCE-A17143CDF6A1.jpeg

Wild caught, had not seen nor heard tell of a blue handled Schick G before. Apparently it is a variant of:
View attachment 1002741

I also enjoyed finding the (kinda wacky) Plata Lappas Argentinian silverplate/leather nut bowl that holds the Schick, but is destined to hold lather. The Internet tells me that Plata Lappas is still churning out silver/cow bodypart holloware down on the Pampas.

View attachment 1002742

Very nice looking schick, and wild catch is always more fun in my opinion.

Picked up these two cased Micromatics over the past two weeks:
upload_2019-7-30_11-22-3.png

upload_2019-7-30_11-22-45.png

The OCMM isn't in the greatest shape, but the case is nice. The Bullet Tip is in excellent condition, as is the case. It came with the original instructions, and the paper blade blank was still in the razor - I don't believe it's ever been used.

Nice!! I've been wanting to find one of these after finding out just how much better the regular Damaskeene is over its 1912 brethren.

I noticed mention of it as being an amazing shaver and decided to hunt one down. I only found two examples one going for north of $100 and this one that wasn't even labeled as a Damaskeene on the auction. I think I got a good deal seeming that it is a rarer example of a GEM. Can't wait to shave with it to see what all the hub bub is about.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I noticed mention of it as being an amazing shaver and decided to hunt one down. I only found two examples one going for north of $100 and this one that wasn't even labeled as a Damaskeene on the auction. I think I got a good deal seeming that it is a rarer example of a GEM. Can't wait to shave with it to see what all the hub bub is about.
VERY well done!!! Finding the unmarked ones is really the way to go, and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the shave. As I've said many times, it is one of the few razors that I chased down that actually lived up to it's reputation. I find it that perfect balance of mild, smooth and efficient! Can't wait to hear about your shave!

VERY well done!!! Finding the unmarked ones is really the way to go, and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the shave. As I've said many times, it is one of the few razors that I chased down that actually lived up to it's reputation. I find it that perfect balance of mild, smooth and efficient! Can't wait to hear about your shave!

Shaved with it this morning, and you are right, I was not disappointed. It's as smooth as my Jr Bar and as comfortable as my 1912. Definitely was nothing like my other open comb razor, the MMOC.

Now, I just want to clean this baby up and get some of the original life back into it. It came to me with a lot of grime. Not talking soap scum, just straight up grime. Looks like it's been stored in a box in an attic or something. Has a tiny spot of pitting on the head that I want to see if I can clean up and very fine scratches that I wanna try to buff out. Have to get some good pictures of it post cleaning.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Shaved with it this morning, and you are right, I was not disappointed. It's as smooth as my Jr Bar and as comfortable as my 1912. Definitely was nothing like my other open comb razor, the MMOC.

Now, I just want to clean this baby up and get some of the original life back into it. It came to me with a lot of grime. Not talking soap scum, just straight up grime. Looks like it's been stored in a box in an attic or something. Has a tiny spot of pitting on the head that I want to see if I can clean up and very fine scratches that I wanna try to buff out. Have to get some good pictures of it post cleaning.
Great description of the shave -- you captured the essence of the Open Comb Dammy! Now I'm looking forward to seen the pics of it "cleaned up".

Congrats!!! I've yet to find anything in the wild. I do have a Contour, but haven't given it a spin yet -- I've heard it's mild, but a good shaver. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Very nice, should I plan on using mine tomorrow morning for a cross country coordinated shave off?

Thank you, brothers!

It just came out of the disinfectant bath, so some cross country Contouring is in order. If all goes well, I may then make it half of a double on Micromatic Monday, compare it to either the Pushbutton or the Featherweight. Someday I may learn to distinguish the subtle differences in razors. I keep trying!

Thank you, brothers!

It just came out of the disinfectant bath, so some cross country Contouring is in order. If all goes well, I may then make it half of a double on Micromatic Monday, compare it to either the Pushbutton or the Featherweight. Someday I may learn to distinguish the subtle differences in razors. I keep trying!

Sounds like a plan.
From my understanding the Push button Contour and the Push button have the same head, and the flip top Contour and the featherweight I believe have the same head.

View attachment 1002741

View attachment 1002742
Nice find. I found mine in the wild also.mine is the gold head blue handle g also

Following a thread here, noted the Clog Pruf Peerless with the extra teeth, so off to ebay I went.
Also picked up an Occam OREN on BST.

Which to use? Which to use...
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom