What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

These two arrived today and I'm very excited. A beautiful, cased I2 Hydromagic and set of personna blades and an even more beautiful cased GEM Damaskeene!
proxy.php
proxy.php

I just bought a nice cased Damaskeene just like yours and it should arrive mid next week. And last week I bought (and shaved today with) an identical boxed Type I2 Hydromatic…..

IMG_1214.jpg

Received in the mail yesterday the Supply injector razor with the classic adjustment. Enjoyed the razor this morning. I will say was a little nervous at first, but all ended well.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip with the circle on the cap. Picked it up near the house.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

timwcic

"Look what I found"
This was just too purty to leave alone at the flea market. 1930’s open comb micromatic in almost new/mint condition. I normally pass on ocmm’s but looked to good with the case also perfect with both blade banks

F4E1C30F-9824-457F-B9A0-CE9AA4227483.jpeg
F326258B-3CB4-499B-8945-5566F51CBC89.jpeg
38A8CCF8-8677-4C25-AAD6-73B0688E302E.jpeg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Great find. Looks like a perfect mirror finish! Though that countertop threw me for a few seconds...
The formica? Original to the house. I thought about replacing it, but it is virtually indestructible. Plus, it give a real nostalgia feel to all my 50s and 60s razors!!!! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Outstanding shape you lucky young man, I like the wooden handle and you should enjoy that one.
Nice find and keen eye for a nice one. I'm really enjoying my worn out one.
Have some great shaves!

Thank you. I like the look of the handle and it's in great shape.

What did you have to fix on yours and how did you go about the procedure.

My friend has one and wants me to make him a handle simular to this one. Stange thing is our handles are not interchangeable. And I want to make a longer handle for this one. So I have 2 thread sizes to track down.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thank you. I like the look of the handle and it's in great shape.

What did you have to fix on yours and how did you go about the procedure.

My friend has one and wants me to make him a handle simular to this one. Stange thing is our handles are not interchangeable. And I want to make a longer handle for this one. So I have 2 thread sizes to track down.
I have a Lather Catcher that was loved by previous owners and one Blade stop was sheared off and the other was worn to the point of breaking off. The bar was distorted and twisted a little and some one tried to file a new blade stop not realizing that it would not work properly and the handle had to be repaired because it was lose on the threaded stub end that is pressed into the handle. Replacing the one sheared blade stop and reinforcing the other was the most challenging part the repair & the other stuff was trivial.

New blade stops installed. I did some testing prior to using this method on some .010 thousands of a inch brass shim stock.(you can see the wear on the skin tension bar indicating a lot of use over the last 109 yrs)(to me that indicates a razor that is loved to be used by it's owners.
.Lather catcher repair success 9 (2).jpg

As you can see how worn this one blade stop was by 10's of thousands of shaves over a 109 year time span by my guess.
LC worn blade stop (2).jpg
This razor shaves very well and will give any razor a run for the money for shave quality end results and very happy bringing this challenging razor back into a serviceable life.(This razor comes from a estate sale from _bay and took a chance for $20.00 US) A very nice razor and hopefully you enjoy yours and also your buddy with his GEM jr bar.
Have some great shaves.

Last edited:
I have a Lather Catcher that was loved by previous owners and one Blade stop was sheared off and the other was worn to the point of breaking off. The bar was distorted and twisted a little and some one tried to file a new blade stop not realizing that it would not work properly and the handle had to be repaired because it was lose on the threaded stub end that is pressed into the handle. Replacing the one sheared blade stop and reinforcing the other was the most challenging part the repair & the other stuff was trivial.

New blade stops installed. I did some testing prior to using this method on some .010 thousands of a inch brass shim stock.(you can see the wear on the skin tension bar indicating a lot of use over the last 109 yrs)(to me that indicates a razor that is loved to be used by it's owners.
.View attachment 968921

As you can see how worn this one blade stop was by 10's of thousands of shaves over a 109 year time span by my guess.
View attachment 968922
This razor shaves very well and will give any razor a run for the money for shave quality end results and very happy bringing this challenging razor back into a serviceable life.(This razor comes from a estate sale from _bay and took a chance for $20.00 US) A very nice razor and hopefully you enjoy yours and also your buddy with his GEM jr bar.
Have some great shaves.

Did you solder the new blade stops on?
It looks great. Congratulations on the save.

Beautiful razor, congratulations.

Thank you.

Top Bottom