What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Here are some better pics now that I had time to clean it up a bit.

20190219_162305_HDR.jpg
20190219_162319_HDR.jpg
20190219_162650_HDR.jpg
20190219_162620_HDR~3.jpg

Aren't these just a beautiful design? So, this must be a later E Type with no wings on the spring and locked in place with a center post.

Aren't these just a beautiful design? So, this must be a later E Type with no wings on the spring and locked in place with a center post.
So about what year do you think @Twelvefret . and how useful is it on the ones that can be opened.
If I understand correctly because there's no blade in this the first blade I put in will be ruined, and I need to put another blade in after it and tossed the first.
When I first saw them I didn't like the looks, but now I really like the style. And I would love to get my hands on a type f and a type a repeater. That is if I had that kind of budget.

So about what year do you think @Twelvefret . and how useful is it on the ones that can be opened.
If I understand correctly because there's no blade in this the first blade I put in will be ruined, and I need to put another blade in after it and tossed the first.
When I first saw them I didn't like the looks, but now I really like the style. And I would love to get my hands on a type f and a type a repeater. That is if I had that kind of budget.

Being able to open allows me to clean longer hairs from my sideburns. Otherwise, no benefit that I've found.

Both of mine came with a blade or plug. The person who sold me his Golden 500 included an original plug. The blades here are $7, so wasting one is not a issue for me.

Let's see, the Type F is the aluminum and brass version made after the E... early '40's before US got into WW2. Maybe you mean the D type or before.

Being able to open allows me to clean longer hairs from my sideburns. Otherwise, no benefit that I've found.

Both of mine came with a blade or plug. The person who sold me his Golden 500 included an original plug. The blades here are $7, so wasting one is not a issue for me.

Let's see, the Type F is the aluminum and brass version made after the E... early '40's before US got into WW2. Maybe you mean the D type or before.
I know the F doesn't open I love the look of the brass and aluminum together.

I know the F doesn't open I love the look of the brass and aluminum together.

When I see those aluminum and brass fittings, I wonder how they would hold up over time. The F meant less materials, just a smidgeon of brass and no Bakelite. Manufacturing steps were less.

Snagged this on the bay for a tenner! Still boxed and in superb condition. This ones going in the collection for sure!

Attachments

• 41E082AA-F096-4295-9D93-37A024C2B56F.jpeg
    41E082AA-F096-4295-9D93-37A024C2B56F.jpeg
    688.9 KB · Views: 33
After trying a brass Colonial General artist club razor, I began searching for one. A kind member on his forum sold me his. He carefully packaged it & I took delivery yesterday. Can't wait to start using it.
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

I think it may be a G model as it has 2 patents stamped on the handle. Like you, I also stand to be correct if wrong. Either way, a great shaver. Enjoy.

Yeah, definitely not an E since it says "Ever Sharp", but I am learning and love my E (or is it a G???!).

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Picked up a Clog Pruf at the flea market today. I dont believe it was ever used. It has the instructions, and all 5 blades. Unfortunately, it wasnt stored properly, so it shows some age. I'd still give it an 8 out of 10 for condition. Made my day, for sure.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Picked up a Clog Pruf at the flea market today. I dont believe it was ever used. It has the instructions, and all 5 blades. Unfortunately, it wasn't stored properly, so it shows some age. I'd still give it an 8 out of 10 for condition. Made my day, for sure.

Wow, in spite of the storage conditions, what a find! This is worth it for all of the inserts (instructions, the reversible blade, etc.) alone.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Wow, in spite of the storage conditions, what a find! This is worth it for all of the inserts (instructions, the reversible blade, etc.) alone.
Thank you. I agree. I'm half tempted to see what the blades look like, but I wont! I'm sure it those ones with the thick spine with the beautiful Gem logo on them. Has to be, right?

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Picked up a Clog Pruf at the flea market today. I dont believe it was ever used. It has the instructions, and all 5 blades. Unfortunately, it wasnt stored properly, so it shows some age. I'd still give it an 8 out of 10 for condition. Made my day, for sure.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Nice find, congratulations.

My favorite part of a mail call: before and after pics!
It's a little worse for the wear in some spots, but for my first 1912, not bad for 5 bucks!
20190309_152320.jpg
20190309_141339.jpg
20190309_152334.jpg
20190309_141327.jpg
20190309_141320.jpg
20190309_152308.jpg

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sweet find!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom