What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

9E95CB0E-E436-407C-918E-25CFEDE961D9.jpeg
364C9C99-986E-42AC-9351-17F3CBE1C19F.jpeg

found this razor while out and about today

Man it’s been a good day I just realized it was Monday so I checked the mail and ups left me something I was waiting on...
D33EA9C4-A5A1-4737-AE68-8EE088DBD65B.jpeg
91617E4E-DB86-4112-A7EC-D8565F253A10.jpeg
A9C79E33-6083-482A-83F7-E8F60B8F23EC.jpeg
5F1D3E47-50EA-47FC-B98B-574E2A76C8F3.jpeg
8FB3CE6A-7D49-499E-8C49-7F2A4C0FFE50.jpeg

what a wonderful end to such a great day!!!

Attachments

• A9928C19-3128-445C-895A-BC009067913E.jpeg
    A9928C19-3128-445C-895A-BC009067913E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
So I keep going out and looking for de razors especially some of the more collectible ones but... I keep finding single edge razors... so when you find them and the price is right ... you buy them

so yea I bought this today
A920C16F-0660-435C-A65E-5134EB10065F.jpeg
F5ACD74B-7CF6-4A2C-95FB-2C1324ACCD78.jpeg
CC4E7F7A-D6CE-4650-89A5-4B97AE4282F9.jpeg

Excellent Dammy set! But the Radio Steel with the E-R answer to King C’s famous portrait? To die for! :punk:
Thank you like I said just couldn’t pass it up didn’t even see the blade in the blade holder till I got home so it was a bonus I’m just ready for Monday to get here I have a 1933 Chicago world fair Shermac round razor coming

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So I keep going out and looking for de razors especially some of the more collectible ones but... I keep finding single edge razors... so when you find them and the price is right ... you buy them

so yea I bought this today
View attachment 1117423View attachment 1117424View attachment 1117425
Good shape Everready 1914 with first generation blade stops, I have the same model and is a mid range for aggression and efficiency with good audio feed back is my impression of it. One of my few enjoyable Everready razors and the 1924 shovel head is another.

Good shape Everready 1914 with first generation blade stops, I have the same model and is a mid range for aggression and efficiency with good audio feed back is my impression of it. One of my few enjoyable Everready razors and the 1924 shovel head is another.
I was just sitting here thinking about buying some of the gem single edge blades to use some of the razors since my collection of since my collection keeps growing

Thank you like I said just couldn’t pass it up didn’t even see the blade in the blade holder till I got home so it was a bonus I’m just ready for Monday to get here I have a 1933 Chicago world fair Shermac round razor coming

If the Shermac is what I think it is, I guess it is an IE razor - infinite edge.

I should have paid more attention. I saw that handle and thought Dammy immediately. In my defense, the ‘LIFT HERE’ was not in focus. I continue to be amazed at the variety of ASR head/handle pairings.

I was just sitting here thinking about buying some of the gem single edge blades to use some of the razors since my collection of since my collection keeps growing

If you want a lot, Connaught Shaving has the trays of 100 at what is usually the lowest cost. Shipping time from the UK might be an issue. If you just want to try a few, PM me an address. Stamps are cheap and blades are light.

If the Shermac is what I think it is, I guess it is an IE razor - infinite edge.

I should have paid more attention. I saw that handle and thought Dammy immediately. In my defense, the ‘LIFT HERE’ was not in focus. I continue to be amazed at the variety of ASR head/handle pairings.

If you want a lot, Connaught Shaving has the trays of 100 at what is usually the lowest cost. Shipping time from the UK might be an issue. If you just want to try a few, PM me an address. Stamps are cheap and blades are light.
Yes the shermac I that is coming on Monday used a round blade I got what I thought was a good deal on it so it will make a nice addition to my collection

thanks for the offer on the blades I will probablybe ordering a 100 pack Can never have to many blades lol I actually just found a unopened pack of 10 in my razor display cabinet probably got them with one of my other single edge razors a while back and forgot about them

if any one know anything about the shuredge razor I posted above it’s from the Robeson cutlery co pat’s dec 2 1919 I would appreciate the information or links to info I keep getting information about their straight razors but haven’t seen anything on a se I couldn’t leave it at the store since I hadn’t seen one before

if any one know anything about the shuredge razor I posted above it’s from the Robeson cutlery co pat’s dec 2 1919 I would appreciate the information or links to info I keep getting information about their straight razors but haven’t seen anything on a se I couldn’t leave it at the store since I hadn’t seen one before

I have one of their SRs “the razor that fits your face”. I didn’t even know they made any safety razors until I saw your find. I’m sure the patent can be located online, but I have yet to look up any patents myself.

Thanks. Technically I have had the L, stick and I for a while. The rest are recent. Covid has messed my accounting of time up but it's been around a month. The Paul Revere took me forever to find and was the last addition. It was a lucky month!

Top Bottom