What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Great find! Enjoy it! I just saw a low grade vintage Schick L in a vintage mall for $20.

I had an excellent shave with my L yesterday (not NOS and not the one I let go about 50 years ago).

@BBS-1 has a very thorough thread on the Schick L.

The last N3 I had an asking price several times that and it was not in the package. I think it was overpriced. For sixteen bucks that was a real score!

Spent 4 bucks on this Gem razor. Not entirely sure what variety it is but it cleaned up nice.

IMG_20200310_141347.jpg
IMG_20200310_141359.jpg

I am no expert on these, but it looks like a 1912. It should have 1912 on the base where the handle screws in. You may have to remove the handle to see it. These were made into the 1930s, I believe.

My Schick A1 Magazine Repeating razor showed up yesterday. This is Col. Schick's first razor and I believe these were made starting in 1926. With this in the pile I now have at least one type of all Schick razors sold in the US, A-N. I guess I am now just going to have to hunt down the missing variants.

20200310_124929.jpg

20200310_124855.jpg

20200310_124833.jpg

20200310_124812.jpg

My Schick A1 Magazine Repeating razor showed up yesterday. This is Col. Schick's first razor and I believe these were made starting in 1926. With this in the pile I now have at least one type of all Schick razors sold in the US, A-N. I guess I am now just going to have to hunt down the missing variants.

View attachment 1072989
View attachment 1072990
View attachment 1072991
View attachment 1072993
Congratulations. I love mine.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

That is a really nice handle on that one, by the way. You should find blades at CVS or Walgreens.

The handle is somewhat nicer in the picture than irl, heh. There is some chipping on the edges. I actually have a few vintage gem blades! Eventually I will run out and get some new ptfe coated ones.

1912 damaskeene

pretty good shape better than I expected.

I wanted this because also had the strop and blade case as well. blades are actually top notch shape. they look thinner than their modern counterparts.

20200312_174643.jpg

top cap is semi curved???? not flat. not angled....but not as curvy as some pics I've seen of this type of razor?

either way happy for the price.

20200312_181248.jpg

might go local looking now for the featherweight!!!

and a g bar

I have GAD bad. (GEM acquisition disorder)

camo

Last edited:
My first injector (that I will actually use, that is). Waiting on blades, so my first shave ever with an injector won't happen for a few days. I know pretty much nothing about injectors, but this one sure loos good to me for being, what?, ~65 years old.

View attachment 1073503

View attachment 1073504
You got yourself a beard buster I2 variant. That razor is a champ for taking out a week or more worth of growth like it wasn't even there. Great razor one of the best ones I have in my stash.

Too add on blades a lot of times the national chains like CVS , Walgreens, Walmart may not stock the SE blades either for Gem or Schick even though you can buy them online through those retailers. Check your local supermarkets. Since they are still brick and mortar and not into the online realm in most cases, they will always have the blades stocked in store if they sell them for that reason.

Top Bottom