What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

I just received a Gem G-Bar that I had bought off the bay earlier in the week. It is excellent+ condition. It will be my back-up plan in case my user G-Bar dies on me.
View attachment 1058712
i got a G-Bar off of e-bay just like yours too...they're over 50 years old and look totally like they were never used or touched by another human. How is this possible? I have so many questions about this -

Were they given out / received as promotional items by guys who didn't really want them and just wound up thrown in a drawer? did some other type of razor and/or brand come out at the same time period which made people decide not to use theirs? I've been deep into ebay hunting lately and i see so many G-bars to be the only type of GEM always sold with no box no case, but in absolute mint condition, not a single scratch. All the other types of GEM/STAR/EverReady always pop up with their boxes and cases, but i've never seen a Gbar box.

I picked up this Kenyon Single Edge Safety Razor in an antique store. The Safety Razor Compendium Book doesn't provide a date. Manufactured by the Kenyon Stearns Organization Inc., New York.
Kenyon 2.jpg

Kenyon 1.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I picked up this Kenyon Single Edge Safety Razor in an antique store. The Safety Razor Compendium Book doesn't provide a date. Manufactured by the Kenyon Stearns Organization Inc., New York.
View attachment 1060712
View attachment 1060711
Will that take an injector blade? Sort of looks like my GEM Zinn Automatic (emphasis on the "sort of"), and that thing shaves like a dream with either a Schick or Proline B injector blade.

Will that take an injector blade? Sort of looks like my GEM Zinn Automatic (emphasis on the "sort of"), and that thing shaves like a dream with either a Schick or Proline B injector blade.
The blade looks to be the same size as a Schick SE blade, but the key slot is missing. Not really sure how to load a blade.

The blade looks to be the same size as a Schick SE blade, but the key slot is missing. Not really sure how to load a blade.

Pull that small tab on the underside of the razor. The entire base plate comes off. You'll see that the blade can then be slid into the base plate from the top where it's held by the side tabs. Then pop it back into the handle/top cap. No clue what blade fits and I've never had one in person, but I'm 95% sure I remember how it works correctly.

A RazoRock Satin Hawk v2 in silver showed up in my mailbox today along with a pack of Feather Pro AC blades. Loaded and ready for tomorrow's shave!

Edit: Because we all like pictures...
IMG_0018.jpeg

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Top Bottom