What's new

Single edge 2.0 by supply

My face and the Stainless Steel version 2.0 simply did not get along after a month and a half of trying. It is beautifully made and the customer service by Supply is outstanding. I think I just was used to more light weight razors like my Merkur 34G, EJ DE89 and Muhle 106. Also prefer the shorter handles on those razors. NOW..... I certainly encourage you to give it a try. You may fall in love with it. They have a 100 day money back guarantee. No hassles at all. I love their face wash, by the way.

I bought a Supply V2 after trying an L1 schick Injector razor. And I've used it since late March. Keep in mind that I am still learning what that works for me with it.

So far I am very happy with it. I enjoyed using my L1, but I think it could have had some more weight to it. Something the stainless steel V2 has. I havent really played around with the other settings. Since the default middle setting is good. I cant really see myself going for the aggressive one at least.

Like with the schick's it is pretty straight forward getting the correct angle. I've also found that I can shave against the grain easier compared to my DE's. Since they usually cause me to bleed on my neck.

Some technique is required. So far I always end up with at least 2 nicks during the shave and some red skin. Which I blame myself for. Funny thing is that I usually dont notice any nicks until after the shave is done. And I'm talking very minor ones. Like small dots. And the red skin doesnt really burn, so for me anyway it seems like a friendly razor.

The only thing I find kind of tricky at times is loading the blades. It seems like I need to pull the box a little backwards, once the key is in. Before I load a new blade. Or else I risk dragging the blade over the edges. Something that hasn't happened to me with my L1. If memory serves I have at least thrown one blade away since it looked like it was ruined due to this.

Personally it feels like I have found my go to razor. So it is certainly worth a try in my book. If it doesnt work then as stated above they have a money back guarantee. Dont know if that guarantee works for me since I got mine from the UK. But I dont want to return it anyway.

I've had mine for about a year and I still like it very much. Aside from the weight, it's really no better than a vintage Schick though. It stays on my rotation and I always look forward to using it.
20200401_092226.jpg

I have at least one of each vintage Schick razors from the Type E version onward, along with several Pals. I bought the Supply 2.0 in December and have used it daily. I like the heft of it and the comfortable shave. I prefer it over the vintage single edge injectors. I do loosen the tension screw when I am inserting a Schick blade, it makes it easier to do. I have not tried the Supply blades that are included.

i got my Supply 2.0 a few weeks ago and used it maybe 6 times. TBH im not getting quite the best shaves yet. My sensor twin cart still blows it out of the water but i guess it could just be me needing to dial in the technique better. (i do know how to use DE since i used DEs daily for 6 years).

I do like the look and weight of the razor.

Bought one earlier this year. Black gloss. Nice looking, but very slippery. Aside from that it shaved terrible. I tried all 3 plates. Tried their blades, Schick blades (slightly better), but finally gave up after about 60 days and sent it back for a refund. At last check they're giving away free blades for life. Wouldn't matter to me because their blades were not good. Summary: great looking razor that does not shave well and does not perform as well as my least favorite DE razor in my collection. Single edge lost the razor wars for a reason many years ago and it still loses today IMO. Some people apparently love it--not me.

Bought one earlier this year. Black gloss. Nice looking, but very slippery. Aside from that it shaved terrible. I tried all 3 plates. Tried their blades, Schick blades (slightly better), but finally gave up after about 60 days and sent it back for a refund. At last check they're giving away free blades for life. Wouldn't matter to me because their blades were not good. Summary: great looking razor that does not shave well and does not perform as well as my least favorite DE razor in my collection. Single edge lost the razor wars for a reason many years ago and it still loses today IMO. Some people apparently love it--not me.

Supply isnt working that great for me either, however, i disagree as to your rationale to why single edge razors lost the razor wars. Both single edge AND DE razors lost the razor wars to cartridges.

My vintage schick injector model N shaves fantastic giving a smooth nick and irritation free shave that is very close. IMO it shaves as good as a DE while being as easy to use as a cartridge razor.

so i guess its a YMMV. I shaved for 6 years using a DE and for "me" the injector (model N) shaves faster, easier and as well as any of my DE's.

Supply isnt working that great for me either, however, i disagree as to your rationale to why single edge razors lost the razor wars. Both single edge AND DE razors lost the razor wars to cartridges.

My vintage schick injector model N shaves fantastic giving a smooth nick and irritation free shave that is very close. IMO it shaves as good as a DE while being as easy to use as a cartridge razor.

so i guess its a YMMV. I shaved for 6 years using a DE and for "me" the injector (model N) shaves faster, easier and as well as any of my DE's.
Well said.

+1

Note well, to get the free blades for life, you have to place an order that doesnt include blades for at least $35, I think, but there is no mention of free blades for life on their website anymore unless it is buried somewhere. So $35 dollars every 3 months isnt exactly free.
Now they say the trial is 60 days but i just got mine in late March and they said 100 days. I googled it and found a page on their site saying 100 days. I wrote to them and pointed that out because I am thinking of sending it back and getting a nice Schick Type M.
Yes they have great customer service but they keep changing their policies without always updating their site.

For example, their FAQ used to say their blades were 50 cents each when they were actually 75 cents

I got a decent shave today with a fresh blade after using the old blade only 4 times. I also got a decent shave from shave number one on the previous blade but the following 3 shaves were disasters. So if nothing else maybe the blades just stink.

Everyone who uses vintage Schicks seems to say they never have issues other then maybe saying some are too mild or not efficient enough. With the Supply I hear a lot about bloodbaths and razor burn. And thats what I have experienced many times regardless of the plate, and using light to no pressure with a very shallow angle.

note the 100 day trial

“free” blades for life

Try finding these links from their menu.

Last edited:
20 blades per pack at 50 cents a blade? I think not. It is $6 for a pack of 8 blades.

True that both lost to cartridges, but the large majority of us now are DE users vs. SE. I haven't tried the model N so I can say for sure. Maybe I'll add one of those to the collection and then see how it goes. As I always say, if it works for you, it works for you, that's all that matters. Happy shaving!

I bought a Supply V2 after trying an L1 schick Injector razor. And I've used it since late March. Keep in mind that I am still learning what that works for me with it.

So far I am very happy with it. I enjoyed using my L1, but I think it could have had some more weight to it. Something the stainless steel V2 has. I havent really played around with the other settings. Since the default middle setting is good. I cant really see myself going for the aggressive one at least.

Like with the schick's it is pretty straight forward getting the correct angle. I've also found that I can shave against the grain easier compared to my DE's. Since they usually cause me to bleed on my neck.

Some technique is required. So far I always end up with at least 2 nicks during the shave and some red skin. Which I blame myself for. Funny thing is that I usually dont notice any nicks until after the shave is done. And I'm talking very minor ones. Like small dots. And the red skin doesnt really burn, so for me anyway it seems like a friendly razor.

The only thing I find kind of tricky at times is loading the blades. It seems like I need to pull the box a little backwards, once the key is in. Before I load a new blade. Or else I risk dragging the blade over the edges. Something that hasn't happened to me with my L1. If memory serves I have at least thrown one blade away since it looked like it was ruined due to this.

Personally it feels like I have found my go to razor. So it is certainly worth a try in my book. If it doesnt work then as stated above they have a money back guarantee. Dont know if that guarantee works for me since I got mine from the UK. But I dont want to return it anyway.

To quote myself, I've actually jumped over to using the most aggressive plate and it works just perfect. Perhaps even more ideal for me than the default one. Dont regret starting out with the default one though.

after using it since April, I am love, loving it. Honestly it took two months to learn how to use it well, and another month of real muscle memory to use it completely nick, cut and irritation free. I've used disposable cartridges and electrics mostly before trying this. I don't think this would mix well in a DE rotation, so I'm not going to be going there. I think it's got two design flaws. 1) pretty damn heavy, which itself causes a learning curve. 2) The square handle is not very easy to grip and should have bumps or cuts to help. I've solved this by wetting my fingers on an Alum block before shaving, makes them tacky and problem solved. I shave daily. One and a half passes (half pass re-lathers and touches up small areas. I use the one dot plate, anything else cuts me up. Those blades are extremely sharp. I can get 8 shaves per blade and probably more more but no point is going that one shave too many. So now just replacing the blade once a week.

after using it since April, I am love, loving it. Honestly it took two months to learn how to use it well, and another month of real muscle memory to use it completely nick, cut and irritation free. I've used disposable cartridges and electrics mostly before trying this. I don't think this would mix well in a DE rotation, so I'm not going to be going there. I think it's got two design flaws. 1) pretty damn heavy, which itself causes a learning curve. 2) The square handle is not very easy to grip and should have bumps or cuts to help. I've solved this by wetting my fingers on an Alum block before shaving, makes them tacky and problem solved. I shave daily. One and a half passes (half pass re-lathers and touches up small areas. I use the one dot plate, anything else cuts me up. Those blades are extremely sharp. I can get 8 shaves per blade and probably more more but no point is going that one shave too many. So now just replacing the blade once a week.
Im glad you're enjoying it.

I definitely didnt give it the same effort as you did, however, playing devil's advocate here.

There are sooooooo many amazing razors that dont need 2 months of nick and irritation shaves before finally getting the knack for it that for me personally i just dont have that energy or desire. So mine is in the drawer until i decide to bring it out again. Meanwhile my injectors shave amazingly on the very first shave with zero experience.

I really want to love the supply since i think it looks awesome.

happy shaving!

Im glad you're enjoying it.

I definitely didnt give it the same effort as you did, however, playing devil's advocate here.

There are sooooooo many amazing razors that dont need 2 months of nick and irritation shaves before finally getting the knack for it that for me personally i just dont have that energy or desire. So mine is in the drawer until i decide to bring it out again. Meanwhile my injectors shave amazingly on the very first shave with zero experience.

I really want to love the supply since i think it looks awesome.

happy shaving!
I hear you. It was something that required patience and commitment for sure. If I did not get to where I am, I would have given up. No matter what, I'm looking for the best shave I can get and consistency, so for me not going the DE route was not a problem. I don't think I could expect more from the shaves I'm getting.

Top Bottom