What's new

Single edge 2.0 by supply

I bought a 2.0 SS version last week, after hearing my Dad rave about his Schick Injectors for years (they will probably be mine some day). I have instantly fallen head over heels in love with this razor. The closest, most comfortable shave I have ever experienced. I had previously thought my DE razors were shaving nirvana. Now I am afraid they may not get used ever again.

My beard is thick and course and this razor leaves my face BBS with two passes and no irritation. I am now a Supply.co 2.0 evangelist.

I got mine few weeks ago and was using DE before. Took 3 shaves to get the correct technique and not few months of irritation like someone else. YMMV
Now I'm thinking switching to a more agressive plate but considering Im already getting a very close shave and I want (not need ) to shave daily, I might try it just for the sake of it. Im still using DE but this is my daily driver. Check for promotions, I got a free year of blades with my purchase.

I've also found that I can shave against the grain easier compared to my DE's

This is what sold me. Right under my jaw line usually takes multiple passes with some blade buffing in a couple of stubborn areas. The DEs would irritate my skin to the point where alum blocks and witch hazel were my best friends. I finally gave up trying to get those areas smooth with the DE's. However, the SS 2.0 cleans them up nicely with no irritation.

I liked the razor enough to write a review on the website. I think it's a great company, and although the product doesn't work for everybody, I respect the owner and this razor. It just will never replace any of my Gillette Techs. It did, however, replace my girlfriends 5 bladed cartridge razor. She took over my Supply 2.0, and I was more than happy to let her.

If anyone is considering trying this product out, their customer service is top notch and their 100 day money back thing is absolutely insane. Life is short, give it a go.

I seem to be slowly converting to a single-edge kind of shaver thanks to my Hawk and I'm looking for an injector because those Feathers do get a little pricey, so I'm definitely intrigued.

My situation may be a little more exotic. I live in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. I have been using a Gillette Fusion for years now. I make frequent trips to South Africa to stock up most stuff that makes life worth living - including razor cartridges - without looking at the price tag ;-). Until covid... so there's no more going up and down for now. The other day I drove around and didn't find a single Fusion cartridge in any supermarket until someone told me to check with a pharmacy. Yes, they had them... at US$7.50 per cartridge (We use US$ here for almost everything imported). Only then did I realize what a waste of money cartridges are.
So I decided to get me a real safety razor and went for the Supply v2. Getting stuff to Zim is a little cumbersome: first ship to a Zimbabwean expat in the UK who then forwards it to Bulawayo. So the 100-day return policy from Supply doesn't work for me! Since shipping from the US to the UK incurs extra shipping charges, I decided to buy some spare blades from Amazon.co.uk. That way I only pay for UK-Zim shipping. The razor with Proraso shaving brush and Tabac shaving soap arrived probably a month after ordering.
Since then I had like 5 shaves with the Supply with the complementary blades as I found out after reading the leaflet that my Feather ACs (Professional Super) are not compatible. None of my shaves so far were really satisfying. I'm sure some of it has to do with my technique but still... Just now however I take a close look at the razor and observe that the blade is actually held in place by 1. the pressure of the spring that holds the base plate and 2. two 'blade stops' on the base plate on either side of the sharp edge of the blade. One can move the blade left and right but not back or forward. These 'blade stops' are higher than the edge of the blade, meaning that if you put your razor on a flat surface the blade edge does not touch the surface but the blade stops do. That means that only the center part of your skin traveling under the razor touches the skin in an arced line. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I do not believe this is the case with any DE razor where the blade is tucked in between the base and top plates?

Another frustrating thing with the Supply is availability of blades. My reasoning was that thicker blades will last longer than the thinner DE blades which is a big pro living in a country where nothing's easily available. I knew the Feather and KAI blades are available in South Africa. The injector blades however are nowhere to be found. The Shicks are available from Amazon.co.uk but the price is pretty ridiculous. I'm even surprised they are not even mentioned on the Shick website! There are Taconic blades on amazon at an acceptable price but the ratings really make me doubt their quality!

So here's my dilemma for the future that I ask you the help me with:
1. Get myself a Razorock Hawk v2 (30$ only????) and start using my Feathers? (I understand that the Supers are dangerously sharp though...)
2. Get myself a 30$ Razorock Lupo or a 60$ Razorock Gamechanger/Mamba and join the DE crowd (or even the exquisite looking Mühle Rocca)? I can get blades in the most remote bush here...

All input greatly appreciated!

1597073843448.png

You are on the wrong track regarding the razor stops as they are common on single edge systems. The DE blades are held in place by the the center posts and pins. There is always some recess behind the safety bar as well. Look at my Timeless here.

20200320_153302.jpg

The secret to the Supply is NO PRESSURE and getting the angle right. I am a big fan of injector razors, but I have to say that you might be better served with a DE due to the blade supply issue. How easy are DE blades to come by?

No pressure. Short strokes. Watch out how you position the razor on your neck ( around Adams apple I dont do North-south but rather NW-SE on one side and NE-SW on the other Side. Regarding the blades, I got a free year with the Razor and my plan after that would be to order a big quantity from them to only pays the shipping once. Took me 3 shaves to get used to it but was coming from DE. Restart using it like it was new and make sure the blade is fine. Costwise, DE blades can be found around the globe and are way cheaper. I did 10 shaves with my first Blade and i was doing about 3 with DE. Regarding the 2 SE you mentioned, havent tried any. Good luck!

You are on the wrong track regarding the razor stops as they are common on single edge systems. The DE blades are held in place by the the center posts and pins. There is always some recess behind the safety bar as well. Look at my Timeless here.

View attachment 1137771

The secret to the Supply is NO PRESSURE and getting the angle right. I am a big fan of injector razors, but I have to say that you might be better served with a DE due to the blade supply issue. How easy are DE blades to come by?
DE blades are pretty easy to get by. I can choose between Dorco, Feather, BIC, Lion (two last ones are local SA). But the Feather Artist Club range is also easily available. On amazon.co.uk Schick injector blades are US$2.62/blade while the Feather ACs are between US$0.84 and US$1.30 (Pro Guard). That doesn't look 'healthy' to me... That's why I ask myself to go DE or AC. Razorock has both systems in a US$30.00 version...

DE blades are pretty easy to get by. I can choose between Dorco, Feather, BIC, Lion (two last ones are local SA). But the Feather Artist Club range is also easily available. On amazon.co.uk Schick injector blades are US$2.62/blade while the Feather ACs are between US$0.84 and US$1.30 (Pro Guard). That doesn't look 'healthy' to me... That's why I ask myself to go DE or AC. Razorock has both systems in a US$30.00 version...
You can probably buy Schick Proline B-20 from Japan through eBay and get a better price per pack than you would for one of them otherwise.
It's still more expensive the Personna blades here in the UK, but some people complain about the Personna injector blades not lasting very long.
There are also some who use metal snips to trim AC blades and use them. I haven't tried that myself, but it's an option.

I have not tried an artist club razor, so I cannot comment on those. Many here use and like them. They seem a bit too wide to me.

Last edited:
@JanVanDerVoort I originally bought a Hawk v1 just to use up a stash of Feather AC Pro blades from my experimentation with a Feather RG folder and a CJB shavette and thought that it would be too wide of a blade. Much to my surprise, I discovered it actually worked really well, much more comfortable and maneuverable than you would think. I wound up PIFing that razor and then bought myself a Hawk v2 that's likely to become my daily driver for the foreseeable future. I much prefer the AC format to DE, injector, or GEM-style SE razors.

@JanVanDerVoort I originally bought a Hawk v1 just to use up a stash of Feather AC Pro blades from my experimentation with a Feather RG folder and a CJB shavette and thought that it would be too wide of a blade. Much to my surprise, I discovered it actually worked really well, much more comfortable and maneuverable than you would think. I wound up PIFing that razor and then bought myself a Hawk v2 that's likely to become my daily driver for the foreseeable future. I much prefer the AC format to DE, injector, or GEM-style SE razors.
May I know the reasons why you prefer AC over DE? My reasoning would be the blades are thicker and therefore more durable. However is the edge on an thicker blade more durable than the edge on a thin blade?

I have a V2 in matte black. I started out unhappy with it. I had never used a single edge before and found the blades to tug right from the start. I tried some Chinese schicks and now I get really good no irritation shaves. The free blades for life does still cost $6 bucks shipping if you don't order something else at the time. For those in the us, Amazon has Schick for around $7 shipped and they are much better in my opinion. I am getting 8-10 shaves per blade and could push it longer if I wanted. I will be keeping this razor for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My situation may be a little more exotic. I live in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. I have been using a Gillette Fusion for years now. I make frequent trips to South Africa to stock up most stuff that makes life worth living - including razor cartridges - without looking at the price tag ;-). Until covid... so there's no more going up and down for now. The other day I drove around and didn't find a single Fusion cartridge in any supermarket until someone told me to check with a pharmacy. Yes, they had them... at US$7.50 per cartridge (We use US$ here for almost everything imported). Only then did I realize what a waste of money cartridges are.
So I decided to get me a real safety razor and went for the Supply v2. Getting stuff to Zim is a little cumbersome: first ship to a Zimbabwean expat in the UK who then forwards it to Bulawayo. So the 100-day return policy from Supply doesn't work for me! Since shipping from the US to the UK incurs extra shipping charges, I decided to buy some spare blades from Amazon.co.uk. That way I only pay for UK-Zim shipping. The razor with Proraso shaving brush and Tabac shaving soap arrived probably a month after ordering.
Since then I had like 5 shaves with the Supply with the complementary blades as I found out after reading the leaflet that my Feather ACs (Professional Super) are not compatible. None of my shaves so far were really satisfying. I'm sure some of it has to do with my technique but still... Just now however I take a close look at the razor and observe that the blade is actually held in place by 1. the pressure of the spring that holds the base plate and 2. two 'blade stops' on the base plate on either side of the sharp edge of the blade. One can move the blade left and right but not back or forward. These 'blade stops' are higher than the edge of the blade, meaning that if you put your razor on a flat surface the blade edge does not touch the surface but the blade stops do. That means that only the center part of your skin traveling under the razor touches the skin in an arced line. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I do not believe this is the case with any DE razor where the blade is tucked in between the base and top plates?

Another frustrating thing with the Supply is availability of blades. My reasoning was that thicker blades will last longer than the thinner DE blades which is a big pro living in a country where nothing's easily available. I knew the Feather and KAI blades are available in South Africa. The injector blades however are nowhere to be found. The Shicks are available from Amazon.co.uk but the price is pretty ridiculous. I'm even surprised they are not even mentioned on the Shick website! There are Taconic blades on amazon at an acceptable price but the ratings really make me doubt their quality!

So here's my dilemma for the future that I ask you the help me with:
1. Get myself a Razorock Hawk v2 (30$ only????) and start using my Feathers? (I understand that the Supers are dangerously sharp though...)
2. Get myself a 30$ Razorock Lupo or a 60$ Razorock Gamechanger/Mamba and join the DE crowd (or even the exquisite looking Mühle Rocca)? I can get blades in the most remote bush here...

All input greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1137718
I use a hawk with proline 30 ac blades. It is fantastic for me, and I find it more intuitive than the supply. But the supply is working great and with Schick blades you can get a ton of mileage per blade.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

May I know the reasons why you prefer AC over DE? My reasoning would be the blades are thicker and therefore more durable. However is the edge on an thicker blade more durable than the edge on a thin blade?
The blades are in fact a little thicker and more durable, but I think I just like the head geometry more. It feels right when I'm shaving and more intuitive for me to catch the right angle and maintain it through each stroke.

View attachment 1137771

Yes, there is a recess from safety bar to blade edge, as there is a recess from blade edge to top cap. That is the reason why you shave in an angle. Otherwise the blade edge would never touch your skin/hair. If you angle your Timeless there is a point where the blade edge touches the skin over the entire length of the blade. The safety bar stretches your skin so the distance between blade edge and skin is equal. (I suppose there's the danger in bent safety bars or wobbly blade edges?). If then you apply no pressure and the perfect angle, you'll have a perfect shave! This is also the case with the few singe edge AC razors like the Razorock Hawk.
With the injector razors at NO angle will the blade edge ever touch your skin over the entire length of the blade. So, theoretically, if you where able to stretch your skin 100% flat, the blade would never ever touch the skin. With a DE razor, you have access to the full 37mm edge with, with the Supply you have access to 38mm-4mm=34mm (probably less because the 1st mm of the blade next to the blade stops is also inaccessible). The distance between the top of the blade stop end the blade edge is ±0.5mm.

Anyway, I gave it another shot today with the Supply. I really, really let the weight of the razor do it's gravitational job without adding pressure (which – again theoretically – is not possible if you shave south-north unless you stand on your head). Pretty smooth but a few nicks and therefore still not convinced...

BTW, during my 'research' I stumbled upon this cheap beauty, both lighter and shorter than the Supply, and ordered it right away with a good sample of DE blades.
Fatip 2.jpeg

I'd still suggest keeping at it with the Supply Provision - sometimes, things just take a bit longer to get used to.
The current FaTips are really nice shavers, though. :thumbsup:

Yes, there is a recess from safety bar to blade edge, as there is a recess from blade edge to top cap. That is the reason why you shave in an angle. Otherwise the blade edge would never touch your skin/hair. If you angle your Timeless there is a point where the blade edge touches the skin over the entire length of the blade. The safety bar stretches your skin so the distance between blade edge and skin is equal. (I suppose there's the danger in bent safety bars or wobbly blade edges?). If then you apply no pressure and the perfect angle, you'll have a perfect shave! This is also the case with the few singe edge AC razors like the Razorock Hawk.
With the injector razors at NO angle will the blade edge ever touch your skin over the entire length of the blade. So, theoretically, if you where able to stretch your skin 100% flat, the blade would never ever touch the skin. With a DE razor, you have access to the full 37mm edge with, with the Supply you have access to 38mm-4mm=34mm (probably less because the 1st mm of the blade next to the blade stops is also inaccessible). The distance between the top of the blade stop end the blade edge is ±0.5mm.

Anyway, I gave it another shot today with the Supply. I really, really let the weight of the razor do it's gravitational job without adding pressure (which – again theoretically – is not possible if you shave south-north unless you stand on your head). Pretty smooth but a few nicks and therefore still not convinced...

BTW, during my 'research' I stumbled upon this cheap beauty, both lighter and shorter than the Supply, and ordered it right away with a good sample of DE blades.
View attachment 1138645
That razor looks like a good choice. I suggest you start with the solid bar base plate and decent blades such as Astra. Which plate are you using with your Supply? You might try starting with the one-dot plate if you haven't already.

Top Bottom