What's new

Single cup tea infuser ?

I prefer in mug/cup style, as the infuser balls tend to let small bits pass between the sides occasionally. Looks like a decent one you have there, enjoy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
$-7757344941751238399_1.jpg

I really like that infuser you posted in the amazon link. I believe you will find that it works well, with the lid that doubles as a holder once you have finished steeping. It works well for multiple steepings, and is obviously easy to reinsert to continue brewing just a little longer in case you stopped it short the first time.

I like the one you posted a link to.

Don't buy this kind. My wife bought me one, bless her heart, and the problem is they are too shallow to let any water touch the tea.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I thought it looked good. I have a tea ball an not only does it let bits of tea fall out it doesn't let the leaves open fully and freely. I think I'll go with this.
As to the one ouch posted that looks like it probably infuses well but I think it's a bit on the more complicated side than what I'm looking for but thanks for posting.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Thanks everyone, I thought it looked good. I have a tea ball an not only does it let bits of tea fall out it doesn't let the leaves open fully and freely. I think I'll go with this.
As to the one ouch posted that looks like it probably infuses well but I think it's a bit on the more complicated side than what I'm looking for but thanks for posting.

Tea balls work 'well' with generic loose tea that is all bits and pieces, not full leaves.

Give Ouch some credit. He's good at sniffing out the simple ways of doing things ... just look at his portrait, which he uses as his avatar ... he needs simple and easy stuff.

Tea balls work 'well' with generic loose tea that is all bits and pieces, not full leaves.
I have some Harney & Sons Organic Assam and Russian Country which are broken up quite a bit. I also have some Oolong and some Gunpowder Green the Gunpowder really doesn't like the tea ball.

Give Ouch some credit. He's good at sniffing out the simple ways of doing things ... just look at his portrait, which he uses as his avatar ... he needs simple and easy stuff.
You got me there...:lol:

ouch

Well, if'n that ain't aren't the isn't.

ouch

No leakage issues. (You're talking about the infuser, right?)
It has a pretty good gasket. That's a stock photo- mine has a clear top, like the one on the box.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It has a pretty good gasket. That's a stock photo- mine has a clear top, like the one on the box.

I think I will get one in a few weeks.

I'm just not sure how I feel about a plastic one. As well as ease of clean up? what are your experiences? Obviously you like it but I'd still like to know your thoughts on the issue.

ouch

Very easy to clean. Mine has been used hundreds of times and handled by two barbarians (think of the old American Tourister commercial from the 70's) with no issues.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The battle over acquiring loose leaf tea and the infuser that ouch has posted is half won- the wife saw someone using one on one of her cooking shows.

Top Bottom