What's new

[Singapore] Is it possible to have a shaving brush in Singapore climate?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I like how I got into wet shaving in part to save money, and how I've already spend 5 years worth of my former shaving supplies in just a few weeks.
:hips::hips::hips:
Hi there...I live in JB which is just a stone's throw away from Singapore. I own various synthetics, badgers, and boar brushes since 2019. I kept them just outside the shower room. My room is 90% of the time kept at normal temp. So far no issues.
Do visit the Mustapa center to get your wet shaving fix...
View attachment 1603528
Awesome collection @Chard52142 :a29::a29::a29:

~doug~

From someone who has regularly spend time down there:

1. If you can dry your laundry, you can dry your shaving brush. :001_cool:
2. Don’t overthink things (especially if your place has a/c).
3. If you’re still in doubt, buy a good synthetic brush wish a good resin handle.

B.

Hi there...I live in JB which is just a stone's throw away from Singapore. I own various synthetics, badgers, and boar brushes since 2019. I kept them just outside the shower room. My room is 90% of the time kept at normal temp. So far no issues.
Do visit the Mustapa center to get your wet shaving fix...
View attachment 1603528
Following up on this. I went to Mustafa yesterday, unfortunately, their shaving section has taken a hit. Not sure if it's due to low interest from customers or small margins on these products, but there wasn't much to shop.

I still got a few items for giggles, including:
- A couple of tucks of Gilette 7 o'clock. Not fond of buying Gillette products, but so many people rave about those I thought I'd at least give them a shot. They were S$0.70 per tuck (that's roughly USD$0.49 for 5 blades)
- Some Palmolive shaving cream. I think it was around S$2.50 (that's S$.1.75)
- And a couple of other blade brands including the American Shaves you have on your photo. Curious how they fare.

Even if the selection was limited, the prices seem very competitive to me, but maybe I'm just not too knowledgeable about the market.

Also, for people wearing Eau de Toilette, prices there are extremely aggressive. I got a 75ml bottle of Hugo Boss Man for S$45 (USD$32). All the prices include taxes.

Anyways, long story short, there isn't much to shop around wet shaving outside carts, but it's still a fun experience I would recommend. Thanks again, Chard!

Following up on this. I went to Mustafa yesterday, unfortunately, their shaving section has taken a hit. Not sure if it's due to low interest from customers or small margins on these products, but there wasn't much to shop.

I still got a few items for giggles, including:
- A couple of tucks of Gilette 7 o'clock. Not fond of buying Gillette products, but so many people rave about those I thought I'd at least give them a shot. They were S$0.70 per tuck (that's roughly USD$0.49 for 5 blades)
- Some Palmolive shaving cream. I think it was around S$2.50 (that's S$.1.75)
- And a couple of other blade brands including the American Shaves you have on your photo. Curious how they fare.

Even if the selection was limited, the prices seem very competitive to me, but maybe I'm just not too knowledgeable about the market.

Also, for people wearing Eau de Toilette, prices there are extremely aggressive. I got a 75ml bottle of Hugo Boss Man for S$45 (USD$32). All the prices include taxes.

Anyways, long story short, there isn't much to shop around wet shaving outside carts, but it's still a fun experience I would recommend. Thanks again, Chard!
You're most welcome! I thought you would have bought the Tabac aftershave...😆😆 My wife took a sniff and says "NO WAY"!

Top Bottom