What's new

Sinatra Lennon, Unboxing & First Shave w the NEW Gillette Heritage Safety Razor

Great video....One thing I spotted is no "country of manufacture " stamping under the razor base like Gillette always did, nor is the case or box marked with any country of manufacture markings. I thought by law it should appear somewhere on the product or container.....maybe not.

In case some of you guys are interested. Just came across his review this morning.
Terrible demonstration. Looking at his technique, every area gets at least a triple repeat pass so on a 3 pass shave that equals 9 passes. Another reason to avoid y**tube. Then he says the razor head is made in China; well part of that may be true as I think the the parts are cast in China and chromed in Germany, possibly or Sheffield if it is an EJ head. I am inclined to believe the head is cast and chromed in China and assembled in Germany.

Terrible demonstration. Looking at his technique, every area gets at least a triple repeat pass so on a 3 pass shave that equals 9 passes. Another reason to avoid y**tube. Then he says the razor head is made in China; well part of that may be true as I think the the parts are cast in China and chromed in Germany, possibly or Sheffield if it is an EJ head. I am inclined to believe the head is cast and chromed in China and assembled in Germany.
This video came up on my timeline. Not posting this video because I watch all his videos. May have watch a couple of his videos in the past to see what some razors looks like outside of a web page.

I have no interest in purchasing this razor myself. But for those who are they can see what it looks like outside of Amazon.

Gotta admit, his videos have done more for promoting wet shaving then ... you.

I don’t look at it as being a coveted razor. I see it as the first Gillette DE in 30 years, so it’s more of a collectible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've got mine, TOO! Of course, I've had mine for almost a year, so that makes the Chingelette Heritage a knockoff of my razor: Maggard V3 head (around $7 on-line) and a vintage Fat Handle.

Heritage Mock Up.jpg

It shaves just fine, and I don't have another box to clutter up the cabinet under the sink.

Never watched him previously. I liked the video, he seems to really enjoy shaving and that is good for someone interested in DE to see.

He was wrong about manufacturing but acknowledged that on the comment section. It has been covered on other threads but it has been verified that the head is supplied by Mühle. Although appearing identical to my EJ and other versions, Mühle has been using brass threads for years now. That is where most of your zamack rot will happen. The handle is US made but have not yet heard what company specifically.

I like watching for lots of reasons but in the end it's entertaining to me.
I won't be buying one but wanted to see what others were thinking about it.
There are so many inexpensive razors out there that one can purchase today that it adds to all the fun of shaving.

Post Script: I just watched the video. He was new to me, and I thought he was refreshing and did an outstanding job.

This new "Gillette" razor would be an outstanding razor for a newbie to buy and use.

Top Bottom