What's new

Simpsons Trafalgar T2 vs Omega Roma (gift)

I am thinking about gifting Simpsons Trafalgar T2/Omega Roma to my dad. Which one is better in the long run?
First, I don’t know anything about the name of his brush or whether it is synthetic or not (he doesn't even know it himself). He has been using his shaving brush for at least 15–20 years.
I did research, but I still have doubts.
Both brushes are in my budget. Roma definitely has better packing than Simpsons (what a pity that they got rid of the logo and the rest). I understand cutting costs and so on, but still… About Omega Roma... something is off (at least for me). Maybe Roma looks cheap because of the logo.
Which one of them is better in terms of handling (less slippery, easier to hold), feeling on the face (more soft or stiff), and shedding? What about the quality of the logo on both brushes (I am curious whether you noticed the logo wearing off during use)?

Which Roma are you looking at? The Colosseo or the Capitolina? I am assuming the latter if you are eyeing the T2.

Guido

The Omega Roma gets a bit less attention here as opposed to Simpsons. The T2 is smaller than either Roma so that is something to factor in. I have the Capitolina because I wanted to ensure it could fit my brush stand and it barely does - so glad for that.

The T2 I don’t have, I have a T3 and to me they are very very similar. I have test driven the Roma and it is one of the is not the best brush I have. Maybe until I test drive the T3 more thoroughly, who knows.

And your mileage may vary.

Either way, your dad will be a lucky man! Great gesture!

Guido

Top Bottom