What's new

Simpson's Synthetics - price justified?

The only references I found to G5 fibres was here

But now they have changed the ad to G4 so it looks like I was misinformed.

Nevertheless I like the brush and knot very much Alin.

Edit: they have Oumo G5 knots available
Thanks for the info.
It seems I guessed right: Bali, Everest, Atlantis and Robin have the same knot (G4 fiber). I had some G4 brushes and I didn't know!
Yaqi China does not give this information about synthetic fibers used in brushes!

Thanks for the info.
It seems I guessed right: Bali, Everest, Atlantis and Robin have the same knot (G4 fiber). I had some G4 brushes and I didn't know!
Yaqi China does not give this information about synthetic fibers used in brushes!
How do you like yours?

It seems I cannot do animal brushes. I loved my old synthetics but they are all very similar with almost no backbone. Most synthetics have very little backbone or scrub. My Chubby 2 synthetic is lovely in that regard.. feels amazing and less in growns as the result of that good scrub. So for me it was well worth the money. JM

I have a G4 26mm brush: the Executive Shaving Co. "Ultimate"... I just love everything about it. It isn't the cheapest, by any stretch so I bought a couple from PAA for travel. The PAA Atomic Rocket is pretty close to the same feel. The Peregrino is a completely different kind of knot... I've only used it once and it doesn't feel as nice.... but it isn't bad, just different. Not as soft.

Thanks to you both... I was about to order the T3. I ended up ordering two brushes from PAA instead: the Peregrino and the Atomic Rocket.
If I had the appetite to continue pursuing a synth, this would have been my next move precisely.

I have a T2 and T3, a synth from Stirling and RazoRock Plissofts. From my usage I figure why bother until I absolutely must. I receive such an elevation of performance from my Simpson Besties (and pures), Plisson, and now finding a likening to premium boars, the performance gap just gets wider for me.

To be clear, I’m not championing one over the other. I just haven’t been able to make a solid connection with any of my Synthetics.

Maybe I just need to step up and try a Platinum or Mühle STF

The RazoRock - Chrome Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush has quickly become my favorite brush:

1D2FE2FB-7BD3-4674-ACDD-C3194F5A9197.jpeg

I picked it up a couple weeks ago, paid $19.99 for it minus a ten percent discount, no taxes, free shipping at Pasteur’s. Some find it too heavy, but for me that’s a good thing. It’s therapeutic helps with regaining function and strengthening my right arm and hand! But it’s soft to the face and some good backbone to it!

I am a HUGE fan of Simpsons and they are basically all I use. Their synthetics make no exception, so I am really unable to compare them to other brands. But I do love them entirely. I own the entire Trafalgar Series (x2) and the Chubby 2 (x2). The Trafalgar costs less because the Sovereign fibers are much easier and less expensive to buy, whereas the Platinum fibers are a premium option, hence price point reflects. All in all none of them is truly expensive I would say: Trafalgar brushes range between €28 and €38, while the Chubby 2 is priced €98 here in Italy. Are they worth having? Well, to me ABSOLUTELY YES. On many of my preferred soaps they seem to perform better than their badger counterparts costing a lot more.

I'll second that, @Marco63

For the price, my Trafalgar T2 is really hard to beat.
And the synthetic Chubbies 2 are a nice addition.
Both fibres are quite effective; as you say they are great performers.

I bought a used Chubby 2 synthetic and played around with it quite a bit and ended up relofting it. I've found other brushes (knots) I prefer.

Top Bottom