What's new

Simpson's Synthetics - price justified?

I find the Simpson synthetic brushes outstanding, I much prefer them over any badger brushes in every way.

The T1 is second to none and does everything as well as the more expensive ones. I will probably also buy the T2 and T3, they are so inexpensive. The Chubby 2 in Sovereign bristle I also enjoy just because I like Chubbies, I plan to also buy the Ch1 and Ch2.

I find the Duke3 and M7 in Platinum bristle a little stiff and prickly. This is surprising since everyone finds this more expensive bristle softer and better somehow. I prefer the Sovereign I suppose.

The M7 has a very big and tall handle like the Polos, the Duke and Trafalgar handles are more like the Chubbies, and more to my liking.

I picked up all the Trafalgars around the £20 mark. Now seeing nearly double the price. I wouldn't pay the current asking personally.

I'd recommend the Simfix SF1 25mm synthetic. It's a budget Simpson model for about $20. I can tell you from experience that it can easily whip up a lot of lather.

"The brush has been described by Mark Watterson (Managing Director of Simpson) as a 'game changer' in the extremely competitive synthetic shaving brush market owing to it's beautiful appearance, sleek lines & ergonomic qualities, but more so for the jaw dropping price point & amazing performance."

1682165293517.png

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I live in the UK and am happy to pay extra for Simpson brushes as it helps to pay skilled craftsmen and craftswomen, in my own country, a decent wage, and employment benefits that I would want for myself. There is also over 100 years of history and tradition which has real value, for me anyway. The Chubby 2 is the only synthetic to remain in my rotation. Worth every penny 👍
I live in Italy but LOVE the UK. And I agree 100%, my dear British friend!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I am happy to help Simpsons employ people on Man at a living wage. I hate to see young people forced to leave such beautiful places because there's no work. And to me, the quality of the product justifies the price. I own 7 Simpsons synthetics and at least twice that number in badger. I have painfully learned the discipline of delayed gratification, so I now buy my Simpsons when they're on offer at a discount. Makes the cost even more reasonable.

Well market drive sales, some people want quality well made product.

Can’t think of many good products that do not take time to build.

Plus you have to have right people dedicated to building.

Good people with skills demand good wages, and benefits.

Even if product is mass produced by machines, you got to have QC people checking products to see they are within specification.

Top Bottom