What's new

Simpsons Synthetic brushes

Hi team, newbie here. Looking for advice on the best Simpsons Synthetic brush. I'm stuck on these:
Rover Platinum
Rover Sovereign
Captain
Duke 3
M7

Any advice would be appreciated.

Looking for a wide knot and a good handle,

Thanks!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to Badger & Blade.
Hi team, newbie here. Looking for advice on the best Simpsons Synthetic brush. I'm stuck on these:
Rover Platinum
Rover Sovereign
Captain
Duke 3
M7

Thanks!
Never heard of a Rover in synthetic. Where'd you see that? Lovely handles.

That said, maybe try a Trafalgar T3 which I feel is a good brush for the price. Plenty wide.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Rover Platinum
Rover Sovereign
Captain
Duke 3
M7

Thanks!

Welcome to Badger & Blade! :)

I second that, for a brush that is affordable, Trafalgar T3 auda be just right for you.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Oh my gosh, you both received your brushes same day, and will be using them on the same day tomorrow too. You guys sure know how to get me excited over here. I can't wait to see the reports on how you feel about your brushes, and the pictures of the lather too. You guys are awesome! 😁

Rover Platinum
Rover Sovereign
Captain
Duke 3
M7

Looking for a wide knot and a
Rover Platinum
Rover Sovereign
Captain
Duke 3
M7

Looking for a wide knot and
Hi Newbe, I have the Simpson Trafalagar3 and love it.Its large and very well made, check it out at ShaveNation.com it's also reasonably priced. Welcome, I'am new here also. rg9350

Can you confirm that you have received a Simpson Rover Synthetic brush and can we see some images of the Rover? Thank you.
Yes it is 100% a rover Synthetic, the Sovereign grade represents superb value for money.

The M7 is a delicious Synthetic as well.

How do I attach images?

Ok. I used the t3 synthetic. It seems to be well made, had a nice feel to it. The bristles don't have any initial stink, the softness is great and it whips up a nice lather. I had a synthetic brush from about 10 years ago and didn't like it much and only used it when I wanted fast drying like on travel. I much preferred badger. This synthetic is super nice and I plan to use it often. A great purchase. It doesn't hold water like the badger but for the price and the construction I can fully recommend it and use it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Ok. I used the t3 synthetic. It seems to be well made, had a nice feel to it. The bristles don't have any initial stink, the softness is great and it whips up a nice lather. I had a synthetic brush from about 10 years ago and didn't like it much and only used it when I wanted fast drying like on travel. I much preferred badger. This synthetic is super nice and I plan to use it often. A great purchase. It doesn't hold water like the badger but for the price and the construction I can fully recommend it and use it.

Awesome, so glad that you like it! See, even among the synthetic's, there are good brushes, and bad brushes. When I first went into the shaving hobby, I thought all badger brushes were the same, I learned the hard way that they are not. It kind of forces one to try experimenting with different brushes to find the right one. Which, if your buying a lot of badger brushes, can get quite expensive.

At least for the most part, synthetic brushes are pretty cheap, unless your buying artisan synthetic's, then the price goes up considerably.

Top Bottom