What's new

Simpsons sold to Vulfix

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Maybe some innovative marketing/design person at Vulfix revives some old Simpson Models that were produced in the past that haven't been on the market for years....THAT would be a good thing.

Maybe some innovative marketing/design person at Vulfix revives some old Simpson Models that were produced in the past that haven't been on the market for years....THAT would be a good thing.
I'll be fine with a label that stays on. :biggrin:

But (semi)seriously, what are we going to do? What will Vulfix-Simpsons Super grade be? Two Band, Three Band, Three Band bent tips, etc,etc, etc. It's exasperating but playing Simpsons Roulette can net you a nice brush. Will Super always be a consistent Two band? Where's the fun in that?

D

doleeo

Dave.... Just when I got used to the Labels washing down the drain, the Gold (temporary) label on my Polo 8 is sticking on like it never wants off!

I'll consider myself in the minority as I prefer my Simpsons to be label-less.

My 2 most recent Simpsons, a Polo 8 Super and a T2, are both missing their labels.

The Polo came off accidentally when I was drying the handle, yet the T2, took a little effort to get the label off.

I wonder, does anyone have any useful tips at this stage as to either how to keep the labels firmly stuck on, or how to remove them if they so wish instead?

I am guessing the only way is to be as careful as possible when handling, but I don't know if anyone has maybe re-glued or something similar? :confused:

It used to be (at least sometimes): to keep them on - avoid contact with water, to get them off - just add water. Seriously, clear nail varnish carefully applied is aid to work well. It does however damage the label and the lampblack if carelessly applied. Out of 4 or 5 Simpson brushes, I have only had one label come off and this was an old brush that an earlier owner had varnished over the lable, so the answer is necessarily qualified.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I frankly don't care if the label is on or off. I've liked both looks in the past... I DO like the lamp black over a machine printed logo etc

My CH2 label came off on the first shave and I prefer the brush sans label. I did keep the label with the box and instructions for posterity's sake.

My CH2 label came off on the first shave and I prefer the brush sans label. I did keep the label with the box and instructions for posterity's sake.
I personally don't mind the label-less Simpsons. I peeled mine off straight away before my Chubby's first innagural soaking. And I like the old word craftman's touch of using lamp black. I do like to bust Simpoons a bit for the variance. Some labels fall off, some stick like barnicles on a boat.

My new Wee Scot does not have a label at all, only the signature as expected, I think the much older ones did have a label though (but possibly no signature).

Is this the same as everyone else thinks about this lovely small brush? :confused:

Let's face it, guys. If Vulfix wants to recreate perfect Simpson brushes, they must have labels that fall off and mismatched, not-always-straight stamps. That's what mine is like now, and that's what I want when I eventually buy a Vulficated one. Since splitting handles, shedding, and bizarre "Friar-Tuck-like" hairstyles are not what Simpsons were originally about, then it will be fine with me if Vulfix puts an end to that stuff.

The label came off my Duke3 during it's debut. It was what I expected, and I suffered no disappointment. I bought the brush as a tool, after all - meant to be used, and it would never again be pristine after the first use. I do have a small collection of 'antique' brushes, however. I would NEVER use these under any circumstances, and keep them for display purposes only. I'd be horrified if the labels came off those!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
The label came off my Duke3 during it's debut. It was what I expected, and I suffered no disappointment. I bought the brush as a tool, after all - meant to be used, and it would never again be pristine after the first use. I do have a small collection of 'antique' brushes, however. I would NEVER use these under any circumstances, and keep them for display purposes only. I'd be horrified if the labels came off those!

AC....my DUKE 3 was a workhorse for me for quite awhile... I now rotate it with other "shed" brushes and a Plisson..... Hope you like yours as well....

I totally love my Duke! One of the best things I've ever spent £60 on. So far it's definitely the favourite in my rotation. Though my Chubby has yet to be delivered, and that may change everything!

I will soon be getting one of the new Vulfix silvertips that they just came out with, I wonder if this is the same type of hair they will use for the Simpson Super? I think the general feelings are that if Vulfix is going to do it right, they should a.) Make Super Simpson brushes with two-band hair b.) do not bleach any of the hair tips whatsoever c.) Make the brush as damn solid as humanly possible with consistent attention to detail, hair quality and craftsmanship. If Vulfix will do these things, they will have an investment that pays off, if not, the customers won't buy and they'll have to off the company to another buyer.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Labels? The only way to go about it is to ignore them. Don't try to remove them, and for sure don't varnish them. Just let them be, and they will be what they will be.

It's odd how much hype the quailty of Vulfix brushes are getting right now, when usually B&B members are pretty quiet about them. :001_rolle

Top Bottom