What's new

Simpsons shipping times

I placed my order from SimpsonShavingBrushes (don't know if that's the manufacturer's website) on October 20th. I'm still waiting for mine. Tracking status still shows "Pre-Shipment: Original Post is Preparing Shipment". Now this is AFTER it had gone through a week travelling out of Germany. I thought the manufacturer is in the UK, but apparently my shipment originates from Germany and may be stops by the Simpson's office in UK first before it gets to the US. Man.....if I knew it takes this long...I would have spent a few more bucks and get it from Amazon instead.
Did your shipping confirmation email come from Deutsche Post/DHL? And did it say it was an order from 3PL Limited? I just got an email from them with shipping confirmation information and that’s what it said. I would have ordered off of Amazon as well but unfortunately I was wanting a handle color option other than the standard faux ivory
Why would it come from Germany?? Simpson is on the Isle of Man, a part of the UK (crown dependency). Whenever I bought from them, it came from there.
It’s possible that Simpson’s has changed from a previous shipping partner to Deutsche Post DHL and DHL might automatically show orders as originating in Frankfurt am Main regardless of the actual shipping origin location. I’m not sure why they would do that though

It’s possible that Simpson’s has changed from a previous shipping partner to Deutsche Post DHL and DHL might automatically show orders as originating in Frankfurt am Main regardless of the actual shipping origin location. I’m not sure why they would do that though

That was my thought too.

I have seen similar when orders from Gifts & Care in Spain seemed to be sent from the Netherlands, because Gifts & Care used a Dutch shipper (PostNL - Dutch Postal Service) and at that times it struck me as odd that postal services in the EU would compete with each other.

You see, I’m an old fart :sailor: and was brought up in a time when postal services jealously guarded their monopolies.

In case of Simpson’s, I had hoped for a moment that they might have opened a distribution centre in the EU (like D.R. Harris seems to have in Ireland), which would save EU customers import hassles, delays and expenses.

B.

Last edited:

Possibly….I have not had experience with any shipment through Deutsche before to confirm this that this is normal. I had to actual email to Simpson for a tracking number after over a week of silence…..

Possibly….I have not had experience with any shipment through Deutsche before to confirm this that this is normal. I had to actual email to Simpson for a tracking number after over a week of silence…..
The brush I ordered from them prior to this took about the same amount of time as this one before I got the confirmation email. It then spent the next week and a half bouncing around southern England. I can’t remember where it spent Christmas Day (but I know it wasn’t with me). Then it was in Paris for New Year’s Eve and finally arrived at my home on January 6

Last edited:
After exactly 1 month, it’s finally here today. I kind of have mixed feeling on the quality of this brush though. I don’t know if I’m being too picky or not, but the brush’s symmetry is off. It looks like someone took a scissors and chop the top of one side off (it looks worst in real life than what can be captured with the phone camera). Is this normal for a $200+ brush? My first brush in this price range so I don’t known I’m expecting too much from such brand…

902FC78E-5DA1-48CA-BA2D-913E92870448.jpeg

Attachments

• E3489C02-05A6-4F97-9D3F-B713B42C59F3.jpeg
    E3489C02-05A6-4F97-9D3F-B713B42C59F3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
After exactly 1 month, it’s finally here today. I kind of have mixed feeling on the quality of this brush though. I don’t know if I’m being too picky or not, but the brush’s symmetry is off. It looks like someone took a scissors and chop the top of one side off (it looks worst in real life than what can be captured with the phone camera). Is this normal for a $200+ brush? My first brush in this price range so I don’t known I’m expecting too much from such brand…

View attachment 1555574
It looks like a glue bump. The occasional price paid with a hand tied knot. It will appear worse after use and the knot fans out. I would reach out to customer service to return for an exchange. That is obvious even in the picture. Do not use the brush unless you intend to live with that defect as they will not accept it back if you do.

Good luck with the brush, tranathi. I expect they'll make it right but how did it pass inspection in the first place? The Trafalgar 2 that I bought has a slightly uneven fake bristle dye job as well as a small symmetrical issue. My Wee Scot is fine but I've seen too much inconsistency with Simpsons brushes that I'm done with them, decent brushes (of which both of mine are) or not. I also bought them stateside with an easy return if there'd been a bigger issue with the T2 but it was a $22 brush and I think I paid $35-36 for the Wee Scot.

I ordered a Duke3 from Simpson’s on November 9th, got a tracking number that gives no info except that it has been generated. Sent an email to Simpson’s on Nov 13th asking why is my brushes shipping origin Germany and why I can not track it, so I am passing on this info so that all of you know why it is taking awhile to get your brushes from Simpson’s.

This is my response email from them.

93CF5926-7E81-4303-A3E1-7D54738C971A.png

I placed an order Nov 1st for 2 brushes that weren't listed in their limited editions and yesterday I received the email that they were finished with a FedEx tracking number. I will post again when they have arrived here in Canada.

I still haven’t received any updates about my order since the update about the shipping label being created on November 9

I just received my Trafalgar T3 with a ruby handle. I ordered it on October 24 and received it today on Nov 16. So that is three weeks and a couple of days. I did not receive any tracking email. I only got a received order email. I am located in Florida.
It looks great I cant wait to us it.Simpson brush 1.jpegSimpson brush 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick update for those who’re following my story. I reached out to Simpsons regarding the off-symmetry of my Chubby 2 Super. They got back to me the next day and sending me a replacement through expedited Fedex shipping. That is very good customer service they have. When I asked for pre-paid shipping label to send the original one back, they said I can just keep it due to the high shipping cost to have it sent back to them. Oh well, may be I’ll consider doing a PIF for the cosmetic defected Chubby 2 SUPER….
25617381-D5EA-493E-9D1F-FAA62A93F0CC.jpeg

Keep in mind the time difference from here in USA. If you order on a Thursday, there is a chance your order will not be processed, packed, and shipped until Monday or Tuesday. Whenever I paid extra for the expedited FedEx shipping, it would arrive in 10 days or sooner for a brush in stock.

Finally got an update from Deutsche Post DHL. 8 days after the shipping label was created my chubby 2 synthetic (platinum bristles) with the sapphire handle is now on its way

Got a confirmation email today that my brush has processed thru the postal service in Germany, 11 days after ordering. This will be the last brush I order from Simpson’s.

But glad I ordered this one.

Doug

Top Bottom