What's new

Simpsons shipping times

I see you are in Tel-Aviv, which I am not, so I have no idea how long the Britain to Israel trip will take. I am in the U.S.

What I can say is that I have ordered direct from Simpson 3 times. I used the same shipping option each time, which was the cheapest option. On each occasion, Simpson shipped within 24 hours. On two of the occasions, I received the order on my doorstep within 7 days. On one occasion the shipment took a month to get to me. The order that took a month was placed during their "Black Friday" (Late November) holiday sale, so I'm sure the postal service was overwhelmed with orders during that time period.

Where I now live (Portugal), the most delay for items from outside of the EU seems to arise from the Customs clearance process.

So there are three elements to consider: how fast the seller ships, how fast the courier/postal service takes, and how long the Customs clearance takes.

Unless someone lives in the same country, it will be difficult to answer your question.

B.

Hi, guys
Just wanted to ask about your experience with ordering and shipping directly from Simpsons.
Thank you
Your main problem will be the Royal mail.

There is a widescale series of strike actions here, and the postal service has been very disrupted, as has public transport.

In my personal experience, having stuff shipped from Israel to here has been very fast and efficient. 7-8 days max.

Last edited:
It's been about 10 years since I ordered direct from Simpsons, but I had a great experience. I already had several Simpson brushes at the time, but was undecided about my next one. Mark (@Simpsons) and I exchanged emails discussing what I had and thought I wanted. We decided on a 56, and Mark said he'd pick out the best of the bunch. I think shipping took a week or so to the US.

I routinely order silent films from UK and France, razor blades from Sweden and soaps from Canada. I usually receive them in 5-7 days. The only problem I ever had was at the start of the pandemic in 2020, when some blades took a month to clear customs.

So far I’ve only ordered direct from Simpson’s website twice. The first time was around Christmas of last year and it took about 3 weeks to arrive at my place in the US from them. The second time I ordered a chubby 2 synthetic with the sapphire handle this past Thursday. I’m still waiting for shipping confirmation from Simpson’s on that one

Last Black Friday my experience was the same as @GR5233 's. This summer I placed a special request order and it took about 10 days to get it made and 8 days for shipping.

I placed another order today to avoid the Black Friday/Christmas rush shipping.

Edited to add, shipping was to Canada and that included customs clearance.

Last Black Friday my experience was the same as @GR5233 's. This summer I placed a special request order and it took about 10 days to get it made and 8 days for shipping.

I placed another order today to avoid the Black Friday/Christmas rush shipping.

Edited to add, shipping was to Canada and that included customs clearance.
My order was around Christmas as well. It didn’t arrive until after the first of the year. It spent new years in Paris France (kind of jealous about that)

Recently received a brush from Simpsons, it took a out a month to get to the US. It shipped from Germany and that took quite a while to started. Sounds like they have to smuggle goods out of the UK right now to just get them in transit. :)

Be patient, you're tracking number will show you what's happening when it gets moving.

I placed an order 13 days ago. On day 9, I received shipping confirmation from Germany. It doesn’t even indicate that it’s been received by the shipper. It seems like shipping is going to take much longer than their website indicates. I can’t imagine they want it to be this way so I’m being patient. It’s a shame since the exchange rate is more favorable right now.

I placed an order 13 days ago. On day 9, I received shipping confirmation from Germany. It doesn’t even indicate that it’s been received by the shipper. It seems like shipping is going to take much longer than their website indicates. I can’t imagine they want it to be this way so I’m being patient. It’s a shame since the exchange rate is more favorable right now.
I ordered one on October 27. I still haven’t received a confirmation email from them about it shipping yet. I would contact them to see what’s going on but for some reason Apple has caused the order confirmation email to disappear without my having deleted it

Reactions: d_e
I placed my order from SimpsonShavingBrushes (don't know if that's the manufacturer's website) on October 20th. I'm still waiting for mine. Tracking status still shows "Pre-Shipment: Original Post is Preparing Shipment". Now this is AFTER it had gone through a week travelling out of Germany. I thought the manufacturer is in the UK, but apparently my shipment originates from Germany and may be stops by the Simpson's office in UK first before it gets to the US. Man.....if I knew it takes this long...I would have spent a few more bucks and get it from Amazon instead.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I placed my order from SimpsonShavingBrushes (don't know if that's the manufacturer's website) on October 20th. I'm still waiting for mine. Tracking status still shows "Pre-Shipment: Original Post is Preparing Shipment". Now this is AFTER it had gone through a week travelling out of Germany. I thought the manufacturer is in the UK, but apparently my shipment originates from Germany and may be stops by the Simpson's office in UK first before it gets to the US. Man.....if I knew it takes this long...I would have spent a few more bucks and get it from Amazon instead.
Why would it come from Germany?? Simpson is on the Isle of Man, a part of the UK (crown dependency). Whenever I bought from them, it came from there.

Why would it come from Germany?? Simpson is on the Isle of Man, a part of the UK (crown dependency). Whenever I bought from them, it came from there.

I have no idea. But the tracking status says it comes from Frankfurt, Germany.

Attachments

• 6CC6EE19-3DD3-446F-A373-EECF18B4D76F.jpeg
    6CC6EE19-3DD3-446F-A373-EECF18B4D76F.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 21
I'm not sure if my experience will help anyone but I'll share anyway.

In may I ordered a brush that I knew needed to be made and expected a wait. I did not receive a shipping notification for nearly 3 weeks but again I expected this because I knew the brush had to be made. Once shipped, it arrived to the west coast of the US in 7 days. The simpson Website quotes 10-14 days to make a custom brush and that includes the majority of the limited editions. A lot of times I believe that they don't set the knots until they are ordered giving them more latitude if certain configurations don't sell as well.

About a month later I ordered another brush that was in stock and it shipped within 2 days of ordering and arrived again exactly 7 days after shipping to the west coast.

My theory is that they are quite busy at this time. The GBP to USD conversion is quite favorable right now as well. I've stopped myself from buying a few brushes that I don't need recently :facep:

If you are truly concerned about your order I would reach out to customer service if you have not done so already. I have found them to respond quickly and respectfully to any and all inquiries.

Good Luck friends!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Have ordered a few times from Simpsons directly and it's always come from the Isle of man, to Canada it's been within 2 weeks every time.

Top Bottom