What's new

Simpsons shaving cream

I recently tried my simpsons lavender and vetiver cream that i bought about a year ago.

I have to say i was blow away by the result.i think i prefer this to castle forbes lavender. It s in my all time favourite along with ultimate comfort cream.

I will definitely try more of their cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The performance is top-notch for sure. I like the vanilla-rose and citrus burst.

Normally it's kind of out of my price range, but I had to try it. :innocent:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Simpsons Luxury is one of the very best creams available in any price point. Along with Proraso, it's one of the two creams I will never be without. Amazing performance.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I too like the lavender-vetiver and I don't care much for vetiver. The vanilla-rose is great.

What's the citrus burst like? Orange, grapefruit, lemon, light, dark, sweet, tangy...?

Cheers, Steve

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I too like the lavender-vetiver and I don't care much for vetiver. The vanilla-rose is great.

What's the citrus burst like? Orange, grapefruit, lemon, light, dark, sweet, tangy...?

Cheers, Steve

Steve, if memory serves me well the Citrus Burst is a citrusy mix, quite unique - but it is a few months now since I finished mine.

I agree, the Vanilla & Rose is fantastic and my favourite scent. The Sandalwood also is great.

I like the vanilla rose fragrance. I have to admit to myself, I haven't figured out the formula for enough cream for effect. Now that I think about it, I may have the same dysfunctional relationship with my Speick cream. It seems I can get enough suds for a great lather. But I'm afraid of adding enough to earn slickness.

Both products seem to me - using my perspective until now - to be designed to the standards of old time straight edge shaving prep. They clean really great and lift the beard fantastic. Both rinse off well before reapplication for the shave. Yet the sense of coverage and lubrication disappear with a close blade pass.

I need to give a go at this again. I did a month of Speick-tober but when I think back, I was happy enough; but glad to go back to my favorites... I haven't pulled them, or my TOBS creams, back out for awhile. I've been finding new 'ah-ha's' quite regularly these past few months; maybe I'll earn a new one or two here!

I tried the Vanilla Rose. Was good but can not justify the price. Currently use the tin to hold a Williams soap puck. Works great. :001_tongu

I am using Trader Joes Mango cream, which is less than 4 bucks for 8 oz. I really do not notice a big difference from the Simpson's.

Steve, if memory serves me well the Citrus Burst is a citrusy mix, quite unique - but it is a few months now since I finished mine.

I agree, the Vanilla & Rose is fantastic and my favourite scent. The Sandalwood also is great.

I have only tried trumper's rose and it wasn't a great memory. How does it compare?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have only tried trumper's rose and it wasn't a great memory. How does it compare?

Simpsons is a vastly superior Rose and a more sweet, complex scent due to the Vanilla component. For a quality pure Rose scent I'd consider T&H or D.R. Harris over Trumpers. My thoughts of course.

I just shaved with Simpsons Rose and Vanilla for the first time. Wonderful, smooth, creamy shave...and one more thing...the scent? Smells like Sophia Loren or Jayne Mansfield just walked into the room

I just used the Lavender-Vetiver cream for the first time. Wow!, now I want to try some of the other scents, especiall the Sandalwood!

The Simpsons scentless is a treat to use.I didn't see it mentioned here so I thought I would bring it up.
It isn't truly scentless. Some people compare it to fresh line dried linen.My wife detected a hint of rose.
At any rate it has a very low scent strength.Performance is excellent.

Since my initial comment i have tried simpsons cream and they are well worth the premium in my opinion.

I just shaved with Simpsons Rose and Vanilla for the first time. Wonderful, smooth, creamy shave...and one more thing...the scent? Smells like Sophia Loren or Jayne Mansfield just walked into the room

If there were ever a better reason to use a shaving cream, I can't think of it right now. :001_tt1:

Received both citrus burst and Rose tonight when i got home. Used the citrus before but got the rose based on Marcos recommendation. Here’s to hoping I enjoy them both.

Amazon has a good price for these creams, which are excellent performers and don't have coloring to ruin a nice shaving brush. I tried the lavender and vetiver and liked it. Next on my list is the rose vanilla but I have lots of other creams to finish up first.

Top Bottom