What's new

Simpsons shaving brushes, are they really worth it.??

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ok, my Simpson collection so far:

- Chubby 1 Best (2x)
- Chubby 1 Super (2x)
- Chubby 2 Best (2x)
- Chubby 2 Super (1x)
- Chubby 2 Synthetic (2x)
- Duke 2 Best (2x)
- Duke 3 Best (2x)
- Duke 3 Manchurian LE with wood handle (1x)
- Classic 2 Best (2x)
- Colonel X2L Best (2x)
- Case Best (1x)
- Wee Scot Best (1x)
- Special Pure (2x)
- Trafalgar T1 (2x)
- Trafalgar T2 (2x)
- Trafalgar T3 (2x)

All badgers have been purchased from the Isle of Man and made to my exact specifications. My dear friend Mark @A.E. Simpson 1919 has personally taken care of them all over the years. All are masterpieces of quality, design and beauty.

Last edited:
Ok, my Simpson collection so far:

- Chubby 1 Best (2x)
- Chubby 1 Super (2x)
- Chubby 2 Best (2x)
- Chubby 2 Super (1x)
- Chubby 2 Synthetic (2x)
- Duke 2 Best (2x)
- Duke 3 Best (2x)
- Duke 3 Manchurian LE with wood handle (1x)
- Classic 2 Best (2x)
- Colonel X2L Best (2x)
- Case Best (1x)
- Wee Scot Best (1x)
- Special Pure (2x)
- Trafalgar T1 (2x)
- Trafalgar T2 (2x)
- Trafalgar T3 (2x)

All badgers have been purchased from the Isle of Man and made to my exact specifications. My dear friend Mark @A.E. Simpson 1919 has personally taken care of them all over the years. All are masterpieces of quality, design and beauty.
Ciao Marco!
That's an impressive list!
Sounds like Simpsons has a store in Italy! :)

My Simpson collection so far (17):

1. Commodore X3 in best
2. Wee Scot
3. Duke 1 in best
4. Duke 2 in best
5. Duke 3 in best
6. Chubby 1 in best
7. Chubby 2 in best
8. Chubby 3 in best
9. Case in best
10. Emperor 3 in super
11. Berkely 46 in best
12. Berkely 46 in best (faux emerald centenary edition)
13. Classic 2 in best
14. Colonel X2L in best
15. 57 in best
16. Beaufort B6 in best - limited edition run, now you can only buy it in pure
17. 59 in best (on the way)

Now considering:
- Keyhole 3 in best
- Chubby 2 in super
- Major in best

Last edited:

1. Commodore X3 in best
2. Wee Scot
3. Duke 1 in best
4. Duke 2 in best
5. Duke 3 in best
6. Chubby 1 in best
7. Chubby 2 in best
8. Chubby 3 in best
9. Case in best
10. Emperor 3 in super
11. Berkely 46 in best
13. Classic 2 in best
14. Colonel X2L in best
15. 57 in best

Now considering:
- Keyhole 3 in best
- Chubby 2 in super
- Major in best
That’s looks like another Simpson storefront!Do you have any plans on adding the Trafalgar line to your collection?

I owned one Simpson brush, the Colonel X2L. It shed a ridiculous amount. From what I've read this isn't particularly rare, although most Simpson brushes are perfectly OK. To me that says they have really bad quality control issues. You might get a great brush or you might get a lemon. I will never buy another one.

I owned one Simpson brush, the Colonel X2L. It shed a ridiculous amount. From what I've read this isn't particularly rare, although most Simpson brushes are perfectly OK. To me that says they have really bad quality control issues. You might get a great brush or you might get a lemon. I will never buy another one.
If you still have it and haven't already, I suggest contacting customer support. When I had a problem with my T3 I was simply reaching out to let them know. After using it for 18 months I was stunned to learn that they would replace it! I gave the new one to my oldest son, starting him on his wet shaving journey. I love when companies stand by their products.

I may respectfully add. There are tens of thousands of Simpson brushes in use on these forums. 99% will never report shedding issues. That 1% still leaves a lot of brushes that may have had issues, could have been operator error, or something that an owner did not like. Losing a hair here or there from time to time does not constitute a shedding issue, for those that have used shave brushes for a fair amount of time
I have a fair number of Simpson brushes, have never had a shedding issue, and consequently have never come on a forum and reported one.
To post on a public forum that Simpson has quality control issues is just plain wrong, IMHO.

Last edited:

1. Commodore X3 in best
2. Wee Scot
3. Duke 1 in best
4. Duke 2 in best
5. Duke 3 in best
6. Chubby 1 in best
7. Chubby 2 in best
8. Chubby 3 in best
9. Case in best
10. Emperor 3 in super
11. Berkely 46 in best
13. Classic 2 in best
14. Colonel X2L in best
15. 57 in best

Now considering:
- Keyhole 3 in best
- Chubby 2 in super
- Major in best
How is the chubby 3? As a chubby 2 lover, which I consider my best or perfect brush, would you recommend a chubby 3 or 1?

I love when companies stand by their products.
Yes, that's certainly a good thing. I prefer it when their products are all actually fit for purpose in the first place. You only have to read through this thread to see how many people have experienced shedding issues. Yes, most of their brushes are fine. Unfortunately there seem to be a
large number that are defective. As I said, quality control issues.

I'm relatively new to Simpsons; jumped onboard with the Christmas time sales. Wish I'd tried them years before, they're true game changers.

full

There are of course large ones, but even the small ones perform and feel large.

full

All these have lost no more than three hairs in three months, and all (except T3 at right) are in Best Badger - truly soft compared to the Muhle Pure I have (and should toss. Thought it would get softer with use. No.)

AA
I like the Sovereign on the far right. Reminds a little of my Sterling 2 band which goes for $13.99

If you still have it and haven't already, I suggest contacting customer support. When I had a problem with my T3 I was simply reaching out to let them know. After using it for 18 months I was stunned to learn that they would replace it! I gave the new one to my oldest son, starting him on his wet shaving journey. I love when companies stand by their products.
Interesting. I reached to them with a question and was quoted a 12 month window since purchase to have a brush replaced.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this quick question: Does anyone know if the Chubby 2 'platinum fibre' brush uses the UHD version, or the standard version of that knot? AP Shave has this knot in both a standard and an Ultra High Density, just wondering which the Simpson brush uses.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this quick question: Does anyone know if the Chubby 2 'platinum fibre' brush uses the UHD version, or the standard version of that knot? AP Shave has this knot in both a standard and an Ultra High Density, just wondering which the Simpson brush uses.
My guess would be for the UHD version based on the one I have. Only synthetic that I have trouble getting to break in and splay because of the density

Well I messaged Simpson and they said they are "known" for having well-packed knots and that I wouldn't be disappointed. Also that they had "never heard of the term UHD (ultra high density) for a knot before which seems...odd? Might look for a good deal on a Chubby 2 platinum if I can't find a decent handle for an AP knot.

Top Bottom