What's new

Simpson's poll

Do you have one or more Simpson brushes?

• Yup

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
With all this talk about the Chubby 2, I thought I'd mention that I am selling my two band on the BST for a smok'in price! :)

I have owned at least a dozen Simpsons over the years. Love their handles, not a fan of their best or super knots or their prices. I currently own a Case and a 58, both with Shavemac knots.

I have only one so far, a 46 Berkeley Best Badger, but I'm relatively new to well shaving. I'm sure I'll acquire more at some point.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have owned at least a dozen Simpsons over the years. Love their handles, not a fan of their best or super knots or their prices. I currently own a Case and a 58, both with Shavemac knots.

I should have said that I’m not a fan of their prices for their higher end knots such as Manchurian, Silvertip etc.

Have three:
Colonel X2L-Best
Captain-Best
Isle of Man TT-Synthetic
...had an Emperor 2. Wish I still did.
All decent brushes for sure but there are better ones out there.

Duke 2, 3 and M6. All best. The 2 makes a nice travel brush and works well on smaller soaps. The 3 feels like pure, 2 has a touch of scritch and the M6 has no scritch. Hit or miss in best.

What's everyone's most used Simpsons brush?

The Chubby 2 is fun but I find the Duke 3 in Best to be my 'dumb reach'. It feels most versatile and quirks free. IMO it has the perfect knot in density, backbone, shape and size. It also looks most plain, work horse like, no fuss one-brush-soap-razor man's choice. It's not plushy or luxurious, but mills through hard pucks, has great flow through, holds good amount of water and makes dense lather.

From these results, about 77% of people own at least one Simpson brush. Based upon a world population of 7.5 billion people, there are a minimum of 5.8 billion Simpson brushes out there. I would not have guessed that, but math doesn't lie.

Lately my most used Simpson is this Chubby 2 Manchurian, mainly because it's a recent acquisition and I've been breaking it in. Give this thing enough soap and it's a wonderfully scrubby latherer. It's difficult to put it down.
OCtober 11.jpg

Top Bottom